Wednesday 4 April 2012

Cold weather and a goatie

4 April 2012

I’m pleased we have no plans for going out today.  April is of course the month for showers – but snow showers?  I don’t remember that before.  Mind you, it’s more like a mix of rain, sleet and snow.  I’m also pleased I’m not working on one of the market stalls today too – brrrrrrr

So what of the News today … well, last week I reported on the leaked document about the possible development of various areas of the town.  Well, the fight seems to have begun already, even there are no definite plans in regards to where new housing will be allowed.  The area that is causing most concern yet again is called Bedworth Woodlands.  The reason it gets its name is obvious from the name.  Last time they tried building there, there was uproar and 14,000 signed a petition against the development.

The Hussy Hospital is in the News again for the wrong reasons.  They have had yet another outbreak out noro virus.  It began in the just two wards so visiting was suspended to those wards; now all visiting has been suspended throughout the whole hospital.  This is getting far too regular a happening at the Hussy and its time they got it under control before it gets too bad and too serious.

There’s a small piece about a burglar we know. I won’t name him though, he can quite viscous when he is upset – and who knows, he might be able to read and if he sees this, well, there you have it.  Anyway, this 41 year is now on bail from court awaiting pre-sentencing reports because he is one the ‘3 strikes’ offenders.  My first thought was, “Only three?”  I remember him being in court some time ago for running into people on a motor bike; he used to use a push bike for the same thing when we knew as a kid.  He is one three kids in one family who were a real menace to everyone around.  His younger brother was convicted of manslaughter when he hit a home owner during a break in.  His sister is a known prostitute in the town. I am coming round to the idea that there are some people who are just not suitable to be allowed to walk among the law-abiding general public.  These three are quite near the top of the list!       

Jan went off to her bible study night last night so I took the chance and watched a couple of programmes on BBCi player.  First one I watched was Panorama form Monday night.  Did you see it?  If not I suggest you really should give it a go.  Large amounts of tax payer dosh is being wasted on so-called ‘apprenticeships’ and there seems to be a lot of fiddling going on.  The government of course is refusing to act seeing as its one of their flagship projects.  Would you like to know when the next big fiddle will start?  That should be easy for anyone who saw the news on the BEEB last night.  In an attempt to reduce the number of young people on the dole, the Welsh Assemble are going to start a scheme where they Assemble will pay the wages for all young people who are taken on, for the first six months.  Now what’s the betting that some employers are already rubbers their hands with glee at the thought of cheap labour for six months.  At the end of the six months the youngsters will be sacked or made redundant and then a new lost will be taken on.  Why can’t these maroons in positions of power see such short comings as quickly as I can, and I suggest a lot more people than me have seen the gaps in it.

My current writing effort has just passed the 101,000 words mark.  House of Pain had 118,000 words so I’m wondering if this current one will exceed that.  It has a good chance because the plot is nowhere near ready to come to a close.  Currently this blog is running at 119,000 words; then there are the other two which don’t get updated as often as this does.  But I wonder … how many of my fellow bloggers actually keep a copy of their writing on their PC.  It seems like a logical thing to do to me.  If not, I would urge them to do so!

Today’s photo is one I got out in our back yard in last years’ frosty weather …

I am planning on using this one for the cover of my current book when I do eventually get to upload it to Create Space for publishing … if I use them this time.  It will still be used for the Kindle version though.

So now you want a funny …

Woman in her late 40's went to a plastic surgeon for a face lift. The doctor told her of a new procedure called "The Knob". This small knob is planted in the back of a woman's head and can be turned to tighten up the skin to produce the effect of a brand new face lift forever. Of course, the woman wanted "The Knob".
Fifteen years later the woman went back to the doctor for two problems.  "All these years everything has been working just fine. I have had to turn the knob on lots of occasions and I have loved the results. But now I have developed two annoying problems. First of all, I have got these terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid of them."
The doctor looked at her and said, "Those aren't bags, those are your
breasts."
She replied, "Well, I guess that explains the goatee."

No comments:

Post a Comment