Saturday 21 April 2012

Events large and small

21 April 2012

It's one of those weekends again.  There's a big birding do on at the London Wetlands Centre which we were fancying; tomorrow Photographica is on in central London, a large camera fair that I have fancied going to for some time now.  I missed it last year because I was not so well the weekend it was on.  We won't be going to either of them.  Pip, one of our budgies was looking really poorly this morning when we got up.  She had mucus all over her beak and was wiping it all over the cuttle fish and other bits in the cage.  Jan has now got Pip up to the vets.  That means that all outings this weekend are out.  But pet care is a duty and a responsibility that has to be taken seriously otherwise it is a waste of time having any pets at all.  We have always taken great care of our pets and they will always take prime place when it comes to caring for them.

Yesterday was diabetic clinic for me.  I normally have to go every 4 months. My blood tests showed results that were in the middle of normal range; I have lost 7lbs in weight; my BP was as good as it normally is.  The only down side was that I have lost a little surface feeling on the soles of my feet.  It was all so good that she has now said that 6 monthly clinics are now in order for me.  So that is good news.  After the clinic I had a ride into town and did some shopping - I was out of my morning coffee biscuits - of the shame of it ;-))) - and I needed a bit of fruit to see me through the weekend.  By the time I go back home we had to get ready for having Kile for the weekend and by that time I was totally shattered.

On my way home for Skeggy on Thursday, in heavy rain I might add, I looked at the ploughed fields and they with the rain we had had over the last few days, they didn't look any different to what they normal do once they are ploughed.  I mean in colour and so on.  They certainly didn't look like they were as dry as the farmers had been claiming!   I said to Jan that it wouldn't be too long before the farmers were complaining of there being too much rain or the wrong sort of rain.  And guess what?  As BBC Midlands Today ended last night Nick Owen said that on Monday there will be a report about farmers claiming that there was now too much rain.  Owen called it bizarre, I call it 'never satisfied, moaning farmers wanting their own way yet again.  Any excuse to put up prices!

On Thursday I report on a 14 year old rapist.  The Telegraph today has       another story of a 14 year old.  But this 14 year old lad has  won a place in the Pokémon world championships in Hawaii - no, I didn't know there was one either.  So many people say that the kids of today are either mindless thugs or stuck in front of the TV or playing video games.  These two case seem to show that in general, the critics are right.  But hang a minute ... I'm sure most of us would rather see then sitting at home playing video games than running the street raping young girls!  It might be better for them to be out playing sport or doing voluntary work.  But at least the parents know where they are and what they are up to.

Coventry Cathedral has new theologian says the Telegraph.  Strange that cos I thought that all church ministers were theologians anyway.  But John Mumford has been taken on to just that.  No wonder me urts when I try to work what the C of E are up to.

I promised photos didn't I?  Well, here they be ... They are not in any particular order though.
 Inside the Maid Marion
 A Rainbow over the site
Boston Stump.  It's difficlut to get an unlcuttered shot because of all the cars and street furniture all around the place.
Dorktwon Market a few wekks ago.


This is really funny ... I think so anyway ...

There were two Catholic boys, Timothy Murphy and Secola Antonio, whose lives paralleled each other in amazing ways. In the same year Timothy was born in Ireland, Secola was born in Italy.
Faithfully they attended parochial school from kindergarten through senior in college and, upon graduation, became priests.  Their careers had come to amaze the world, but it was generally acknowledged that Secola was just a cut above Timothy in all respects.  Their rise through the ranks of bishop, archbishop and finally cardinal was meteoric to say the least, and the Catholic world knew that when the present Pope died, it would either be one of the two who would become the next pope.
In time the pope did die and the College of Cardinals went to work.  In less time than anyone had expected, smoke rose from the chimney and the world waited to see whom they had chosen.
The world, Catholic, Protestant and secular were surprised to learn that Timothy Murphy had been elected pope!  Secola Antonio was beyond surprise.
He was devastated, because even with all of Timothy's gifts, Secola knew he was the better qualified.
With gall that shocked the Cardinals, Secola asked for a private session with them in which he candidly asked, "Why Timothy?"
After a long silence, an old cardinal took pity on the bewildered and rose to reply. "We knew you were the better of the two, but we just could not bear the thought of the leader of the Roman Catholic Church being called "Pope Secola."

No comments:

Post a Comment