Sunday 22 April 2012

Budgies, kids and maths

22 April 2012

How many of you watched the London Marathon on telly this morning?  I did - and enjoyed it too.  I've posted pics of me on here before so you will no doubt know that I am not an active sportsman.  In fact, I don't usually watch sport on telly either, apart that is from the University Boat Race and the London Marathon.  In both of these we see sportsmen and women in the true meaning of the words.  None of the Prima Donna antics of the footy players, that sort of thing.  And I am still waiting to be told what 22 grown men see in kicking a bag of wind around a field!  Is it just for the money?  Then it's time they had a reality check and lived on the average wage and not the fairy tale wages they get.  Nope, the Boat Race and Marathon are what sport means to me.  I envy the rowers and runners and I envy their fitness and dedication.  I just wish I could take part, but I know that right now I can't ... but I can dream ... ... ...

So Madeleine has been sighted in Spain.  Why weren't the police called straight away to find out for sure?  I don't know, maybe they were but took their time getting there.  Whatever, I hope the girl is still alive and well and will soon be back with her mum and dad ... and hopefully they will not go off for a meal and the kids alone again!

Yesterday I report that Pip was poorly.  I then went upstairs to my study to get some work done and Jan brought her up to me, dead in her hand.  Jan had found her on the floor of the cage.  So the cage was thoroughly clean and sterilized ready for Jan going to buy a replacement for her.  Now we have a green budgie and blue budgie.  We've been really adventurous in naming the new bird too ... Pip, is what he is called ... see, really original ;-)))

Here's a shot from a couple of years ago; I got it on the Tube in London one day ...   

I even got me in on it too ;-)))

I could never get the hang of maths, just couldn't see it ... and this doesn't help at all ...Three squaws were each preparing for the birth of their first child.
The first placed a large bear hide by a river, the second squaw placed
an elk hide by a tree by a river, and the third squaw placed a hippopotamus hide by a path, near the river and the tree, so that the three formed a triangle.
It just so happened that all three women gave birth on the same day.
The first squaw on the bear hide had a 3-kg son, the second on the
elk hide had a 4-kg son, and the third squaw on the hippopotamus hide
had an 5-kg son.
To this day, mathematicians credit these three women with the first
proof of the Pythagorean Theorem:
"The son of the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of
of the squaws of the adjacent hides"

No comments:

Post a Comment