Thursday 19 April 2012

Catch-up, bad news and brain prices

17 April 2012

Well, I’m in the ‘van and unpacked the car.  It’s a nice little ‘van actually.  The last one we used was quiet basic with just gas on tape.  I had to get water in a large vat and connect up a waste water disposal pipe to a second vat under the ‘van.  This one has it all on tape and even the toilet is connected to the drainage system.  It’s a fair way off the sea front from what I can see but I shall be going a ride on me scooter in a bit after I’ve had me coffee.  The weather is fine right now so it’s perhaps best if I get going sooner rather than later.    

On the way down I stopped at Boston for a look around.  Not a bad little town really.  It was cold while I was there so I didn’t stop too long.  It was a nice ride down too without any hold ups.  I go a good few photos while I was in Boston but I can’t do anything with them until get home, then I will post a load of the whole three days.

Now I’m sat in a pub called The Maid Marion.  Nice place but no real ale – I’m having to do with Tetley Smooth … how will I survive that ;-))) 

18 April 2012

Its bloody cold up here folks.  Even with two leccy heaters on I was still cold.  Last night when I got into bed and I started to get warm.  Now here’s the perverse thing … When I got up this morning I was dripping with sweat.  Getting out of a warm bed into the cold air of the ‘van wasn’t pleasant I can tell you.  Can’t win eh?      

So what are my plans for today then?  Well, originally it was to drive off towards Grimsby and maybe even going across the bridge into Hull.  The weather for today isn’t looking so good though.  Right now its dry but very cloudy … and cold.  Good job there’s a good heater in my Golf!  I got an email through last night that said that there are puffins and the normal sea birds already in the Bempton Cliffs.  I may actually try to get up there.

Now then, my current writing project … well, it’s at a stop all told.  I’ve got to the point where one of the main badies is due in court – and I just don’t know where it is going.  Part of my plans for coming up here is to get on and get some writing done.  Ah well, I’ll see how I get on today. 
Well, it’s time for me to get going if I am going to try to do anything at all – and guess what – it’s raining!!!  I know we need it but I do wish it would rain somewhere else for now ;)))

Of one think I am sure of – for years now I have fancied a static caravan, in North Wales rather than here on the east coast but after these few days I won’t be bothering.  To get the best value out of one you need to be using quite often and I’m not sure we would do so seeing as we are both fairly busy with ourselves at home normally anyway.

19 April 2012

I’m back home now. The car unpacked and most of the stuff I took with me has been put away.  So now I can sit and relax.  Last night I went off down the Maid Marion again and had 2 pints and chicken balti … all very nice indeed.  However, when I got back to the ‘van and tried to put the scooter away into the car boot, I found that one of rods on its drive had snapped.  Luckily I have a pinch bar type tool for just and it was soon sorted.  What it does mean though is the scooter will have to go into workshop for repair as soon as I can do so.  It needs a servicing too so I’ll get them both done at the same time. Then we can get Jan’s scooter down too.

Today’s News is full of joy again – not!!!  Front page has a story of a train that was hit by a brick – or was that the brick hit the train?  Whatever – the brick was tied to a foot bridge and left dangling over the track so when the train came through it hit the brick.  Luckily no one was hurt but it was very close to it.  Now get this … a BTP officer has said that, “they are treating this a deliberate act of vandalism …”  Oh right … and there I was thinking that bricks are usually able to get themselves tied up and left dangling in front of oncoming trains!

A swan has been mauled to death by a dog which was deliberately set on it by the dog’s owner.  Local people tried to stop it but the dog owner just laughed and shouted abuse.  I would have called the cops at that point.  Now an appeal has been made for the man’s name to be passed on to the cops.

Last gloom story then … a 14 year old lad has pleaded guilty to 14 incidents of sexual abuse including two rapes.  He has been sentenced to 8 years in custody.  Where do these kids get these ideas from?

I’ve not anything with me photos yet, not that there are many anyway.  So how about this one then … 

Another slippery one – a green mamba.

Today’s funny ...

In the hospital, the relatives gathered in the waiting room where there family member lay gravely ill...the doctor came in looking tired and somber. i'm afraid i'm the bearer of bad news, he said, as he surveyed the worried faces.....the only hope for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant....it's an experimental procedure,semi-risky, and you will have to pay for the brain yourselves.......the family members sat silent as they absorbed the news...after a great length of time, someone asked,...well how much does a brain cost? the doctor quickly responded, it's ?5,000 for a male brain and ?200 for a femail brain,...an awkward silence decended.....men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, ..but some actually smirked. One man unable to controle his curiosity blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask.......why is the male brain so much more expensive? The doctor smiled at the questioners childish innocence and explained, its just standard pricing procedure,....we have to mark down the price of the femail brains..because the've actually been used.             

No comments:

Post a Comment