Monday 30 April 2012

Mental healthy, owed dosh and a curry - or 20

30 April 2012

The flags are out in Dorktown today.  The BEEB has got the weather right again for today.  Bright sun and nearly clear skies were good to get up to.  It's shopping day too so hopefully I shall get a few new  pics today too.

It's a quiet day in the News again today as well.  Front page is a story that the Hussy Hospital has paid off a debt of £6.8m but it seems that they still have a deficit of £7.3m to sort out.  Now is it just me or do debt and deficit mean two different things these days? 

Trading Standards have been busy again.  They have visited 20 restaurants and takeaway's within Dorktown and the rest of the country to test the quality of the lamb in their curries and kebabs.  Lamb is the most expensive meat so it seems that a many of these outlets are fiddling customers by using beef, pork and chicken which are all cheaper.  Of the 20 lamb kebabs bought none of them contained just one meat, lamb.  They were made up of a mixture of all of them.  Of the 20 curries tested only three had just lamb in them.  Advice will be given to the law breakers.  But here's a point ... I thought that Asian folk wouldn't touch pork in anyway.  So how come some of the items bought contained pork?  Makes you wonder eh?

I bought one of those pens which are linked to a device that records your hand writing and converts it to typed text.  Well, I finally got to work out how the software worked with it.  A half page of my handwriting became total gobble-di-guop.  Jan and I had a good laugh over it last night and I posted the results onto a Facebook page for writers who also had a laugh over it.  The idea behind  buying the pen in the first place was that I could hand write my story and have it converted and if it fails then I still have a hard copy to hand if it doesn't work.  However, having thought about it a good bit last night I'm wondering if it turns say eight pages of hand writing into the sort rubbish it produced last night, then it's going to need a lot of editing afterwards.  In which case I might as well type it straight in anyway.  I do have eight or nine A5 pages of my new novel (yes I know, but I have to do something while I wait for the proof reading of the last one to be done), to type now anyway before I do any more.  So we'll soon see eh?

I finally found the instruction manual for my Alpha 350 after hunting for it for a couple of weeks.  And guess what?  I can't remember why I needed it now ;-))) Daft I calls it.

And so a photo ... 

one of a number I got ay the Funny Girls show in Blackpool.

The Rochdale sage has been in touch ... it's a bit non-PC but funny as heck ...

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.....
Fred and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Fred suddenly jumped into the deep end.
He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there
  Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse/Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.
When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.
The bad news is, Fred hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'
Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry...
How soon can I go home?'

No comments:

Post a Comment