Friday 8 August 2014

Windozy, falling asleep early and new Nikon results



8 August

Damn it!!! Last night my ‘puter did a Windows update and restart. SO far whenever this has happened it automatically saved any open work before it closed down; last night it didn’t. That means I have lost around 3000 words of the new Fred Cooper and six days’ worth of this blog. At least I can get the blogs back. Bloody Windows … why can’t it make up its mind what its doing? Anyway …

The last two days I haven’t written any blog entry. On Wednesday I was very tired and did the silly game of having a couple of pints in the afternoon. That only made me more tired. The result was that I at least got the date down on here before nearly falling nearly falling asleep here at the desk. Later that night I lay in bed reading and did fall asleep while reading. The noise of the book hitting the bits n bobs beside the bed woke enough to settle down properly. That was at 10.25, early for us.

As for yesterday, well, we took Kile back to Bourton-on-the-Water for the day. Yet again we had a good day. I took my new Nikon with me and had fun trying it out. When we got home, via a MacDonald’s, I finally managed to work out to use the Nikon software, here’s some of the results. At some time mind, I still have a load of stuff on me Sony A77 to sort out too.
    
There seems to be a new scam spreading around. This one has guys calling and claiming they are from the county council and are doing a pensions survey. The News doesn’t go into details so I don’t know who it works after that but they will probably try to get your bank details off you. Whatever, it old comes to old fashioned theft!

A house in Dorktown has been searched because of intelligence the cops had been given. They found a cannabis farm on the go in one bedroom. To add to the offences committed the growers had by-passed the electric metre again. The result was a dangerous set up that could have killed not just them but could have put their neighbours in danger as well. These idjits just aren’t bothered though are they? All they want is the dosh at the end of the say – and a joint or two for themselves while they’re at it.

So here are just three of the new Nikon shots … A badge from and early Morris Oxford … 

A man by the river just watching … 

and woman sitting chatting.



Today’s funny comes from the Cotswold Motor Museum, Bourton …

Q.      When is a car, not a car?
A.       When it turns into a garage … … …

No comments:

Post a Comment