Monday 4 August 2014

Nikon D5200, software problems and looking for the answers



4 August

The promised results from my new toy will not be appearing as soon as I had hoped, simply because Elements 11 won’t open the RAW images and I can’t make head nor tail of the Nikon software. I’ve tried updating Elements but the update server seems to be down. Where I go now I’m not sure but I’ll be having a look at the Nikon website to see if there’s something in there. Oh yes, of course … the AP website and the Nikon user forum; I’ll try that too. It’s likely to be very simple when I do find out, but isn’t that the way it normally goes?

Last Friday was the funeral of our friend Tom Wilson; we both wanted to go to it but guess what; Jan didn’t know the date of it and I forgot all about it. Not only that but Jan didn’t go to church yesterday either. I hope Sonja wasn’t too disappointed by it.

This morning post brought me something from the Walsgrave Hospital, an invitation to attend the next meeting of the OSA group. Never heard of it, and what OSA mean? I was more than a little intrigued by it so read the contents. OSA is Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, and yes I do have that but it’s treated by a CPAP (Continuous Positive Air Pump) machine. I normally attend a yearly clinic and I don’t see any reason to attend this new group. Reading through the newsletter that was in with the invite, I saw a number of companies with displays of their goods at the last one. It seems to me just another way to try to part us with our dosh. Anyway, I have far too much to do to take on another group.

Well, as much as I like sitting here at me ‘puter, I have lots to do today so, methinks I’d better get on. Today’s photo therefore is …

An old Bedford ice cream van.


And today’s funny …

 Q. What did the mayonaise say when someone opened the refrigerator door. A. Close the door I am dressing!     

No comments:

Post a Comment