Sunday 17 August 2014

A blast from the past, vandalism and Writing at an end?



17 August

I got a bit of a shock the other day. I was looking at my FB feed and came across a name I had hoped I would never see again. The person concerned caused a lot of problems one or t’ther during my time with the OU social network, FirstClass. When I finally pulled the plug on my OU studies at 2007 I said goodbye to so many good friends; but I also waver a thankful goodbye to all the negative morons who plagued the system. Top find them still around on FB was a shock. At one point after seeing that name, I did actually think it was time to close down my FB account. But then I thought, ‘Why should I be chased away by these morons?’ So I’m sticking with it – at least for now.

That name sighting was part of the reason I didn’t do this blog again yesterday; in fact, I had lost all interest in doing any writing at all. We were sat in the Anker last night and I said to Jan, ‘I’m sat here reading when really I should be sat here writing.’ Then Jan suggested that I had perhaps come to a natural end in my writing and that I shouldn’t worry about it. Well, I wasn’t worried about it. I often sit doing something and then moan about it, thinking doing something else. It’s all excuse finding to me. Whatever, I shall continue as I was before I saw THAT NAME!

A couple of minutes ago I sat and looked out of the back door and wondered if I should open it up as we normally have it. So I got up and walked over to do so – and stopped when I looked out of the window. A large gnome we have outside has been moved and has also been broken too. The remains of a large bag of stones has been split over the lawn and it looks like one of our large square planters has been nicked.

Whoever the prat is who has done this, has access to the rear of the block, and that means it’s one of the residents here. We do know of one of them who causes a lot of problems; indeed, we have been on the receiving end of one her tantrums already. I do have a feeling it is her, but of course I don’t know and can’t prove it. If I could I wouldn’t be sitting here typing this, I can assure you. We will find out eventually.

Today’s photo then … 

A man taking a rest. The other day I mention that very few men use walkers but this guy is sat on one. Of course, I don’t know if it is his or not. But he doesn’t look very happy sat there does he?

Funny time …

John was riding his  brand new bike down the block when he knocked over an old lady. “You clumsy idiotic boy!” fumed the lady as she struggled to her feet. “Don’t you know how to ride a bike?” “Of course I do,” replied John. “I just don’t know how to use the horn!”

1 comment:

  1. Do stick with it, Ron - you can always block that person and they will never know.
    J x

    ReplyDelete