Sunday 10 August 2014

Facebook, Amazon and the wonders of technology



10 August

Well, it’s raining out there guys n gals, but I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you about it. For once I made any plans to go off anywhere today so I’m not disappointed today.

I’ve just been on Facebook and read this … http://creatingwithkohla.com/?p=86  As with all of these things there’s an element of truth in them. I like the feel of a new note book, but as for the new pen bit, well, I’ve got me a little collection of pencils and pens. You see, whenever I go somewhere I’ve not been before I buy myself a set of then souvenir pens and pencils. The collection has outgrown its original home, a pint pewter tankard, and is now all over the place in boxes and draws and so on. Do I use any of them? Hah ha, there’s a NOVEL idea!

Back to Facebook for a minute or two; https://www.facebook.com/NuneatonNews?fref=nf  This link will take you to two stories about Dorktown in the rain and the flooding it causes. But when I think about it, I don’t remember these two places flooding before. There is a bit of a dip just there in Greenmore Road but it’s not excessive, and that area is higher than the town centre anyway so the water shouldn’t be standing there all that long. As for Henry Street, again there’s a slight dip, mainly caused by those damned humps in the road. The whole of that junction is raised about 8” higher than the roads around because of that particular one hump! As you can see, the local Dibble are out on Greenmore Road trying to do something useful.

Isn’t technology wonderful! An old OU friend of mine who is also a friend on Facebook now, is a very good photographer indeed. Prash went out yesterday for a long day out and came back with a card full of images, around 1400 on one I think it was he said. The problems began for him when he started to transfer them to his ‘puter, which decided it didn’t like the card. Prash got around it by using the old stand-by of using a USB cable to do the transfer. His account of this reminded me of the time when I had a similar problem with my Nikon CoolPix 5100, except that it happened the other way with that one. The images were strange … 

This was one of the better ones. Some of the others had a marked change of colour/shade on them. Like I say, technology is wonderful – when it works!   

Amazon!!! Anyone know what courier they use? I ordered two items on Friday afternoon for a Saturday delivery. Around 3.30 I got an email to say that they had tried to make a delivery but no-one was in. Oh really? I didn’t go anywhere yesterday, nor was I up late! How these prats get away with telling such lies is beyond me. Reply email will be sent soon enough though.
And now time for a decent image, well, I think it is anyway … A selfie … 

me n Jan in the Anker the other day.

And today’s funny is not from the motor museum …

 Nurse: Doctor, the man you just treated collapsed on the front step. What should I do?
Doctor: Turn him around so it looks like he was just arriving!   

No comments:

Post a Comment