Friday 15 August 2014

Senior moments, Dorktown bad guys and fresh cream cakes



15 August

Yes, I know; not only did get the date wrong I got the month wrong too. Blame it on the booze … I didn’t have any!

Yesterday we had a run over to Coventry for a couple of hours. We had no real reason to go there but just wanted to get for a bit. As it was we had a pretty decent afternoon, even if there was a really bad rain storm while we were there. As it was, we were in a covered area of the city centre when it hit so we didn’t get wet. Then we made a mistake, we went into Druckers for a coffee. Why was it a mistake? Well, if you do see a branch of theirs, go in and try their Black Forest Gateau and you’ll find out. It’s irresistible!


Jan has been rooting about in our safe and found a couple of HP agreements on a second-hand Morris Oxford I bought in 1972. Why we still have that I have no idea. I know mother used to keep loads of stuff like that and we were always finding bits n bobs in the house when we were there. Some of it dated back to just before Christmas 1969. It related to buying the house. I was surprised that monthly mortgage payment at that was only £20 a month. How things have changed eh?

Grand Theft Auto, yet another Channel 5 programme about criminals and anti-social yobs, was aired earlier that week. The previous one about dangerous dogs featured a woman who claimed she would be OK if her dog ripped someone’s face off. Another earlier show showed a man stealing a handbag from a car in the BP. This new one shows a man stealing the keys of a car through the front a flat. The common link in these three cases is that they perps are all from here in Dorktown. We are not all like these three morons. But Channel 5 is behind these shows so what can we expect? They have shown themselves to be far from fair in the way they deal with issues, only wanting to show what paints the worst of an issue and ignore everything else.

Ah … now that’s better! Over a month ago I bought a set of speakers form my ‘puter and at long last I’ve got them set up. I now have War of the Worlds playing through them without having to wear a pair of headphones. Now I’ll get the rest of my CDs out ready.

Here’s a nice brown trout just waiting to be caught … 

But one is safe seeing as he’s in the river that runs through the centre of Bourton.

And today’s funny …

 Paul, late for an important meeting, was searching desperately for a parking spot in a parking lot. Looking up to the heaven’s he entreated “God if you find me a parking spot, I promise to start going to church again.” The words were barely out of his mouth, when a spot opened up right in front of his car. Paul looked back up, “never mind I found one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment