Tuesday 26 August 2014

Kile and cameras, 330 or 350 and looking back



26 August

Now who’s a dirty rotten scoundrel then? Well, me actually. We decided that we let Kile take one of the DSLRs with him tomorrow and to get ready for it we set up Jan’s older A330. But when he was having a shower half an hour ago, I swapped it for my even older A350 – but haven’t told him. He’ll catch on when he comes to turn it on and see how he gets on with it. Looking at the images he’s got on Jan’s A330, he’ll do very well with the A350 too.

For years now I have been slowly dipping in to my family history. So far I have got the Bolter line back to 1758, the Jayne line to 1803 and the Clark line back to 1890(ish). Both the Clark and Jayne lines have come to stop at that point. Anyway, I recorded that Who Do You Think You Are show that started the current new series. Watching that has given me, or at least reminded me that there are other ways of tracing items in history. So at some time, and soon too I hope, I shall be going back to it.

It seems to be a bit of thing that such researches always seem to uncover events and lies that have been told. Take my granddad Clark for instance; he told his family that he was part of a family of lawyers. Opps … his dad is listed as a haulier on his wedding certificate. The Jayne line seems to come to an end in 1803 and none of the name researchers have been able to take it any further. Even so, that line has a number of traumatic events to live through. I’m not ready to write of them just yet. As for the Bolters, well, they were a really imaginative family when it comes to Christian names. From great granddad Bolter the name John comes up with monotonous regularity.

OK, enough of that, I’m off in to town to do a bit of shopping at 4 0’clock to I shall bring this to close quickly now. Today’s photo … 

This colour full effort is standing outside a shop in the town centre.

Today’s funny …

John asks his wife ” hey, honey what would you do if I won the Lotto tomorrow?”
She says, “I’d take my half and leave you!”
“Excellent! I won 12 bucks, here’s 6 now get the heck outa here….

No comments:

Post a Comment