Sunday 3 August 2014

Orders, a new camera and dresses





3 August

It’s all change again on the camera front. I have on order a Nikon D5100 from a mail order company called Premiere Man; the price £650. In addition I ordered a Sigma 70-300mm lens for £157. That’s a lot of dosh folks. Anyway, I looked on line again this morning and I found a Nikon D5200, plus a spare battery and a wireless control for £485. The Sigma lens was at £99. Both are sitting on my desk now awaiting for me to have a play. Actually, I’ve had a play with the camera and 18-50mm kit lens and it looks OK for a first attempt. Tomorrow I shall be off into town to see what I can get with it then. The results will appear on here in due course. BUT …    

The reason I have gone down this route is simply because of the weight of the kit. By the feel of it, the D5200 and lens, SD card and Battery is a lot lighter than my A77 body only. That makes the move so much better for me. Tomorrow I have to cancel the order placed with the other lot but I have a feeling that I will just to refuse delivery when it arrives. So … anyone in the market for some Sony kit, get in touch at ronclark5329@googlemail.com

The other night I finished Want You Dead, Peter James latest Roy Grace novel and it’s as good as all the others and well worth a read. Now I have gone back JK Rowling now and have gone back JK Rowling and her Casual Vacancy seeing as I gave up on it so quickly before … and guess what, I’m finding it a much better read this time round. I wonder what’s next on the reading list.

Jan is having yet another mammoth trying-on session with the dresses and stuff she bought in Asda today. I always get to see them because she trust me to tell the truth if something works or not. The black and white one she’s just tried on looked bloody terrible to be honest, but the blue one she has just shown me is nice and works well for her.

So now for a photo … the last from last Sunday I think …
A Blacksmith Plover


And today’s funny …

No comments:

Post a Comment