Tuesday 11 December 2012

Two fires, contacts and a spot of writing



11 December 2012

By 'eck lad ... it wuz bloomin freezing this morning when we got up!  I looked out the bedroom window and the frost was very heavy.  When I got to the kitchen and looked out there was hardly any sign of frost other than the bird ware dish being frozen solid.  Happily we don't have to go out today.  Tomorrow we are hoping to get into town for a few hours though; we'll see ...

BBC Midlands today had the story of part of the town centre being closed off because of a fire in a clothing shop in Abbey Street.  We do know the shop and Jan has actually bought items from there.  It's a shame it has gone now because it's not a bad shop really and the prices are really good.  There always seemed to have people in there buying cloths so we are now one more shop down. 

It wasn't the first fire in the town though.  Another fire happened on Saturday in an amusement arcade place.  It is thought that this fire was caused by an electrical fault in a neon light.  So yet again a large part of the town centre was closed down.  Yet when I went down there later in the day there was no sign of it.  Ah well ...

At long last I got some writing done yesterday afternoon - around 600 words and then news was due on telly so I stopped for that.  Jan is due out to bible study this evening so I'm hoping to get more done.  This story revolves around a skeleton being found and will become a ghost/investigation/ story I hope.  A totally different area for me.     

Last Friday I had a phone call from our lawyers to say that the exchange of contracts is about to take place early this week.  Now I'm sat waiting for the promised phone call to say it was all done.  We'll both be happy when that call arrives.

Jan's got the giggles again ... sumat on YouTube I suppose.  I heard her laughing earlier at something she had found on Facebook which she has since 'shared'.  It's a Crimble carol thing with four leggers on it instead of two leggers.

So now we need a photo I suppose ... I keep on about my mother ... 

here she is before she was effected by dementia.

And thanks to the Sage I offer ...

Four men and a woman, all Catholics, were having coffee in St. Peter's Square. The first man tells his friends, "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."
The second man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."
The third gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."
The fourth man very proudly announces, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."
The woman, sipping her coffee in silence, the four men give her a subtle, "Well....?"
She proudly replies, "I have a daughter, BEAUTIFUL, SLIM, TALL, 38D BREASTS, 24" WAIST and 36" HIPS.....
When she walks into a room, people say,
"Jesus Christ”.

No comments:

Post a Comment