Sunday 2 December 2012

A quiet Sunday, another puppy and a leaky mask



2 December 2012

Since we moved home we haven't had a Sunday paper delivered.  At times I miss not having one, other times it doesn't bother me.  Today I'm missing it.  However, the nearest newsagent is too far for me to walk, and considering that the car is well frost over, it's not worth freezing me dingle-dangles off to go to get one.  So I shall just have to make do won't I?

Pip-pup is still doing very well.  Last night was a good night seeing as she slept all night without waking us - well, Jan really; I'm normally not disturbed by very much at all once I'm asleep.  Jan however, was getting very drained by her and needed a good night's sleep.  She did disturb me twice though when my face mask for the CPAP machine began to leak.  No idea why it happens some nights and not others though.

One of our neighbours also has a puppy, a white and tan Jack Russell.  Aggie is a lovely little dog, very friendly but very active.  Her owners are starting to really struggle with her though.  It's sad when that happens.  Part of the problem sits on the wife's shoulders seeing as her hubby is disabled from having a stroke some time ago.  Caring for a disabled hubby and then adding a puppy into the mix hasn't helped.  I hope they can get over the problems and not have to re-home Aggie.

It's another short one today so here's a photo, and being Sunday what better shot can I offer that a church ... 

some of the stained glass of Coventry parish Church.

And a 'blonde' funny for today ...      

A girl came skipping home from school one day.
"Mommy, Mommy," she yelled "we were counting today and all the other kids could only count to 4, but I counted to 10. See? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10!
Very good, said her Mother.
Is it because I'm blonde? "Yes, it's because your blonde," said the Mommy.
The next day the girl came skipping home from school. " Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were saying the alphabet today, all all the other kids could only say it to D, but I said it to G. See? A,B,C,D,E,F,G!
"Very Good," said her Mother.
Is it because I'm blonde, Mommy?
"Yes it's because your blond!
The following day the girl came skipping home from school. "Mommy, Mommy," she yelled, "we were in Gym class today, and when we showered all the other girls had flat chests, but I have these!" She lifted her tank top to reveal a pair of 36C's.
"Very good," said her embarrassed mother.
"Is it because I'm blonde, Mommy?"
"No Honey, it's because you're 24."   

No comments:

Post a Comment