Sunday 30 December 2012

Dog walking, washing and a Ring of hassle



30 December 2012

Now there's a thing ... booted up me lappy and Norton started shouting at me there was a problem.  It's scanning the machine now and I hope it won't it won't be long doing so!

So it's Sunday today and Jan is having a day off church seeing as she is still feeling rough although a lot better than yesterday.  Normally she has a day off when we decided to go off birding or what not.  She's on the phone to her sister now so she must be getting a bit better ;-)))  Sad part is that it's a really nice day but I'm staying in to get some washing done and out on the line; why run the dryer when the sun's out?

Pip had her first walk outside on the roadside this morning.  She seemed to like it but was also very nervous too.  I'm sure she will be fine after a few more times.  We didn't get very far though; by the time we had walked the 100 yards to the first road junction my back and hips were hurting far too much to continue.  Hopefully that will improve as we go on too.    

I've been missing the normal news programmes over the holiday.  News 24 is good but it really doesn't give out the local news as well as the national/international news.  This morning Daft David was on saying the country is making ahead way - head way into what though?  So many people are saying that his policies are hurting the least able to deal with them, but as usual for the Tories they just don't care and won't listen to anyone unless they saying 'well done, keep at it.'  Thing is though, Labour are the same when they are in power.  As for Nutty Nick and his crowd - least said the better!  What is really needed is someone to work for the betterment of the UK without doing it through party dogma.  Unfortunately, with our current method of government then there will be no chance of that ever happening.

This afternoon we will sit and watch the final film in the Lord of the Rings.  When we first watched them we sat through Fellowship of the Ring in one sitting.  I was shattered after that.  It seemed such a long film of not stop action, fights and hiding from black riders.  I've seen them all at least once since then without feeling shattered.  Anyway, I started The Hobbit yesterday and kept laughing at it.  Jan tut-tutted but I am enjoying it again, just like the first time I read.

So let's see if I can find a photo for today.  How about this one then ... 

an old one today; it's of my mother and two of her brothers.  I think it's Nutty on the left and Richard in the middle.

And funny time ...

Two old guys suffering from Alzheimer's are sitting on a bench when an ice-cream van comes down the street. "Do you want one?" asks the first guy. "Yes, I'll have a cone, but write it down or otherwise you'll forget" says the second.
"No I won't" says the first. "Look, I want a cone with a flake, and I know you'll forget, so write it down" says the second. "I won't forget" says the first guy, getting slightly irritated.
"OK then, look - I want a cone, a flake and strawberry sauce. Now write it down or you WILL forget" says the second.
The first guy is getting quite miffed now and still argues that he won't forget. The second guy says irritably "I want a cone, a flake, strawberry sauce and hundreds and thousands sprinkled all over. You won't remember all that so WRITE IT DOWN!"
The first guy, now really annoyed, walks off and five minutes later comes back with a meat pie.  The second guy looks at him and says "Where's my chips?     

1 comment:

  1. Great post, A lot of useful and interesting staff there. Thanks for sharing!

    Dog Walking Markham

    ReplyDelete