Thursday 20 December 2012

A conversion, being fat and road works



20 December 2012

Today I am stuck in waiting for the engineer to come and fix my scooter.  Once that is done I can get out and about again.  It's very frustrating to be stuck in when you are used to going out as often as you wish to.  Soon be OK now I hope and the next hope is that this is a one off and not the start of a on-going problem.

I've been wrapped up in the ITV programme Weight Loss Ward.  In the past I have mentioned that I am obese but at only 18 stone I am far too small to be considered for the gastric surgery that so many other people have been getting.  It's good they have had the job and they all seem so much happier than before it.  We have a set of scales here that records our weight every time we get on them and then it shows how much we have lost or gained.  Jan and I went on the scales this morning and Jan has lost two and half pounds; I have put on five and half.  Not at all good!  It's also very depressing and even more so at this time of the year.  We have already decided that we will not be having any booze this year apart from a couple cans of Guinness for when Tom comes for dinner on Crimble Day.  But that of course is only a start.  How I get on after that will be interesting!

Two stories from today's News for you.  The first one is about a Tory Councillor has finally left the party and joined the Labour party.  That is very good news indeed but it will be a lot better news when her hubby also joins the Labour Party too.  I know both of them fairly well and it is a relief that they are finally seeing the light!

The second story has the usual sort of OTT headline on the front page that is meant to worry people.  "ROAD CHAOS FOR NEW YEAR" it screams!  There's even a photo one of the busiest road junctions in town to go with it.  But when you read the story you find out that the 'chaos' is limited to just three Sundays over a two week period.  Not quite Road Chaos is it?

Pip-pup is having one of her mad periods right now.  She's running up and down the living room dragging one her toys with her and growling while she does it.  She's a tad crazy methinks - but good fun too.

At long last the funds from the house sale are in mother's bank account.  Now she come liable for the full cost of all her care - at around £1600 a month.  Her capital won't last long now will it!  I had realised that of course but when you have to start paying it then it does come as a bit of shock.  Of course the house was hers and now the finds are hers too.  I just find it so sad that after years of hard work on her and dad's part that she will now not really get the full benefit from it all. 

At last the scooter man has been and gone and I have a working scooter again.  I just hope that it won't go again anytime soon.  Maybe I might go out for an hour this afternoon now.

For today's photo I offer ... 

ah yes, Olga!  Believe it or not but this portrait is a Picasso!  So different from all his Cubist work art historian have difficulties in trying to explain and categorising it.  Whatever, I think it's a very nice painting!

And time for a funny ...

A British Airway's passenger cabin was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone into a good mood as he served them food and drinks.
As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and announced to the passengers:"Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, lovely people, so if you could just put up your trays, that would be super."
On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed that a well-dressed rather exotic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle. "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines." he said, "I asked you to raise your trazy-poo so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground."
She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a Princess. I take orders from no one."
To which the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat, "Well sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you. Tray-up bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment