Sunday 23 December 2012

A77, Pip-pup and deep snow



23 December 2012

So much for rain all day eh?  As it was I wasn't planning to go to try the new A77.  I have taken a few shots with it though and from those it seems to be as good as I was expecting.  I've read all sorts of reports about it that were giving it a poor rating and was wondering at one point if I should change my mind.  Well, I stuck with my first choice and I'm pleased so far.  If the weather is OK tomorrow I shall go out down town and see how it does on full shoot of indoor and outdoor shots.  The results will be posted later.  At the same time as the A77 I also ordered a Tamron 10-24mm wide angle lens.  So the next big test will be when I can get somewhere I try my hand at some landscapes.

Pip-pup is due her second jab and have her micro-chip done at the same time tomorrow but I've gone and lost the appointment time so we will have to phone the vets first thing and see what time we need to be there.  Around 14 days later I can begin to take her out for a walk properly instead of just around the rear of the block of flats.  That will help me a good bit too for obvious reasons.
I don't know what's happening right now but I feel really tired.  It's just come on in the last ten minutes.  No idea why but I'm only doing a short blog today because of it.  Today photo then is one of Jan that I got yesterday afternoon with the A77 ...

One winter morning a couple was listening to the radio over breakfast. They
hear the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow
today.  You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street,
so the Snowploughs can get through." Bill's wife goes out and moves
her car. A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio
announcer says, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today.
You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snowploughs can get through." Bill's wife goes out and moves her car again.
The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer
says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today you must park ..."
Then the power goes out.
Bill's wife is very upset, and with a worried look on her face she says, Honey, I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snowploughs can get through?"
With the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married
to blondes exhibit, Bill says ..."Why don't you just leave it in the garage
this time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment