Tuesday 4 December 2012

Investigation continues, Hussy death rate again, and an old radio show for kids



4 December 2012

Today is Tuesday - the day Jan goes to her bible study night.  It's nice to get the days straight init ;-)))

The front page of the News is about the police search for clues in the River Anchor, not far from the scene of the murder in town last week.  I wonder what they will pull out while they search?  The river runs right next to Sainsburys car park and over the years I've seen a number of their shopping trolley's in there.  Bikes seem to be end up in the fairly often too.  Of course the story doesn't tell us exactly what they are looking for, on that they are looking for 'clues'.  Ah well - I'll keep an eye on it anyway, there might be a story in for me.

Following on from the story about the high death rate at the Hussy, the chief executive Kevin McGee claims fixing the problem will not a quick fix.  He claims that the high death rate has been an on-going problem for many years, even with the high standard of care being given at the hospital.  So where is the problem then?  Is it the high number of ex-miners in the area suffering from coal related illness?  Is it to do with the high number of smokers that are still here in the town?  Is it to do with the poor diet of so many of towns folk here on town and the high obesity rate?  It could of course be all of these plus a lot of other items that I don't know about.  Whatever, I have a feeling the death rate will not come down all that much for a long time to come.

Are you old enough to remember listening to Children's Favourites on the radio?  I do but I can't remember the name of the presenter although Uncle Max rings a bell.  I Love to Go a Wondering, The Laughing Policeman, and so many more off songs like that used to be heard on every show.  The one I liked was Dem Bones, Dem bones, Dem Dry Bones; remember that one.  Well, yesterday I did a Google search for it and here are the lyrics for it ...
The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the head bone,
Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'

Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
Oh, hear the word of the Lord.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,

The neck bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the toe bone,
Oh, hear the word of the Lord!
(Writer and Copyright owner Unknown)

I bet you can't get the tune out your head now ;-))) 

Sorry, no bone photos I'm afraid, but I do have this ... 

a trace fossil of a plant millions of years old that I found near to Aysgarth Falls in the Yorkshire Dales.

And for a funny I offer ...
  
1st woman: Hi! My name is Wanda.
2nd woman: Hi! I'm Sylvia. How'd you die?
1st woman: I froze to death.
2nd woman: How horrible!
1st woman: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death. What about you?
2nd woman: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead,
I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.
1st woman: So, what happened?
2nd woman: I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking. I ran up into the attic and Searched, and down into the basement. Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds. I kept this up until I had looked Everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.
1st woman: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer---we'd both still be alive!    

No comments:

Post a Comment