Friday 3 April 2015

Jokers at bay for 12 months now



3 April

Well, we’re over the April Fools jokes by now folks; did you get caught? I didn’t this year at least. A few years ago there was uproar here in Warwickshire when the local paper showed council workers taking down the usual Shakespeare signs and erecting a Tellytubbyland sign. That one was fun.

Yesterday we went to Brum for the day and I good day, even if it seems half the city is looking like a huge building site. But there again, it is a huge building site. As well as the New Street station and new tramway works, there’s work going on within the old library building and all the businesses in there have closed. And then they are re-laying a lot of the bricks on the pedestrian area as well. But not starting in one place and working straight through the area, oh no, they are doing it in bits here and there. Still, we enjoyed it anyway, and I still love the place.

I managed to get a good few photos while I was over there but this morning when I came to edit them I found out that the settings on my camera had been changed somehow. This latest set are all J/Pegs, not RAW images. It’s obviously something I have done seeing as I’m the only one who touches the settings anyway; but why how, well that is unknown. I can still do something with them though, I hope.

Low bridges seem to be popular around here. Here’s another stuck lorry … 
 
     (off Facebook ...  http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Lorry-wedged-bridge-Nuneaton/story-26274680-detail/story.html)
Well, this one is yet again stuck under one on a busy road in and out of Dorktown. But that bridge is a live railway bridge, live in as much as it carries one part of West Coast main line. This was posted 14 hours ago, so if you were held up on that route, now you know why.

That book I ordered was the one that Royal Fail managed not to deliver even though we were in. I have a feeling that part of it is the sign we have on our front door that asks people to be patient while we get to the door. The normal posty does, as do most others, it’s only the Royal Fail parcels guys who don’t. This is not the first time it has happened. Anyway – the book wasn’t quite what I thought it was. The titles gives it away really, Eyes of Nikon. The eye of any camera is the lens, and the book is a description of all the Nikon range of lenses. I’m still happy with it though, the images in there are some of the best I’ve ever seen.  

When we got home the postie had been and I was surprised that my copy of AP had arrived. Considering it normally arrives on Saturday morning and yesterday was Thursday, I wondered why. It wasn’t until later in the evening that the penny dropped. Today is public holiday, as is Monday, so the chances are that copies wouldn’t get to subscribers until Tuesday. And that dropped penny also brought something else into focus. For some reason I had it in my head that yesterday was Good Friday, and therefore Brum would be choc-a-block with shoppers, yet it wasn’t, which puzzled me. For once Jan had the day’s right and it was Thursday. Yet when we got the markets, the full market was on; normally on Thursday there isn’t one. Oh what fun and games we play … … …

Not all the images on my camera were from yesterday; here’s on … 

I got this one in town on Tuesday (I think).

And today’s funny …

The flight attendant on our trip was handing out plastic pilot wings to some kids. As I stepped 
forward, she jokingly offered me one, but I passed. Pointing to the Airborne wings on my Army uniform, I 
explained, “The last time someone 
gave me wings, I had to jump 
out of the airplane.”

No comments:

Post a Comment