Friday 24 April 2015

All's well, or at least most of it is!



24 April

My sleep clinic appointment went off well today as well as yesterday’s diabetic clinic. My use of the CPAP machine is running at around 98% and they are more than happy with that. As I said, ‘Why have the machine and don’t bother using it? Makes no sense to me.’ However, it seems a lot of blokes don’t use them. There is one minor problem with it though; I’ve been using it for so long now that I find it very hard to sleep if I don’t use it. It’s not a huge problem I suppose and one I can get over.

Jan is due to get our lad for the weekend which we are looking forward to, and even mores since we are going to take him to Kingsbury tomorrow and let him run about with his camera. Jan is talking of hiring him a bike for the day; at £6 a day it will be worth it. But he will not be able to take his camera while he’s on it; one of us will carry it and he will have to come to us pick it up. It will be the first time we’ve taken him out for some time. Last time was when I took him to Titchwell for a birding trip. He certainly loved that.

Over the last few days I have been busy with reading Finding Our Way again. It’s surprising me just how many errors there are in it. That is why I’m going through it again, getting it ready for going up on LULU and ordering a print copy. After this one is done I shall do the same with Shipshape before I return to sorting out and Bristol Fashion.

According to the news earlier today, HSBC are threatening to leave London and move its headquarters abroad. I’m wondering whether to offer ordering a taxi to take them to Heathrow. They might be Britain’s biggest bank and leaving here would leave a fairly large hole. So what? No matter how big it is, it should not be allowed to blackmail a whole country. While they were making money hand over fist, cheating customers and breaking all the rules, they were happy enough. But since Gloopy George has tightened the regulations and brought in the large tax bills, they are now screaming like stuck pigs. Let them scream, call their bluff and see if they do leave. £1 to a pinch of salt they won’t! Oh yes, perhaps if all the Brits who have accounts with them were to threaten to move to a different bank if they did move out, might make them think again about it.

What do you make of the 14 year old boy having been charged under terrorism charges? Sad really that anyone that age can be radicalised so easily don’t you think. It shows that a lot more work needs to be done to prevent it happening. Starting in the home, in school, in after school activities and among their peer groups. Now at 14 it’s probably too late for that lad. All so sad … … …

Today’s photo is … 

This little beauty was called ‘peck-your-eyes’ by my mother, no idea what it really is. I love blue flowers anyway, and this is one of my favourites.

More words from the friendly Sage …


Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest nearly fell down when he saw him. He'd never been to church in his life. After Mass, the priest caught up with him and said, "Murphy, I am so glad ya decided to come to Mass. What made ya come?"
Murphy said, "I got to be honest with you Father. A while back, I misplaced me hat and I really, really love that hat. I know that McGlynn had a hat just like mine and I knew he came to church every Sunday. I also knew that he had to take off his hat during Mass and figured he would leave it in the back of church. So, I was going to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn's hat."
The priest said, "Well, Murphy, I notice that you didn't steal McGlynn's Hat. What changed your mind?"
Murphy replied, "Well, after I heard your sermon on the Ten Commandments I decided that I didn't need to steal McGlynn's hat after all."
With a tear in his eye, the priest gave Murphy a big smile and said, "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' ya decided you would rather do without your hat than burn in hell, eh?"
Murphy slowly shook his head. "No, Father, after ya talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery', I remembered where I left me hat
          

No comments:

Post a Comment