Tuesday 31 March 2015

London in a week



31 March

Something else has gone missing and I didn’t know about it until last night. I’m due to go for a retinopathy exam on either April 1 or 2. But I didn’t make a note of it in the diary and the letter is what has gone missing. So now I phone the surgery to find out when it is. One day I will learn to file things properly.

The race for #10 is well and truly kicked-off; and I’m bored with it already. I wonder if these prats take a course in talking for hours and saying nowt at all, or is it just a natural gift they have.

Yesterday I book a return ticket to London on the coach for a week tomorrow, at a staggeringly high price of just £10. That’s the cheapest price I had so far actually. The cheapest price before this one was £16. The downside is that it means an early up so I can be in Coventry city centre for 7.45am, ready for 8.00am coach service. The next I have is trying to get my printer to work so that I can print out my ticket.

I’m looking forward to it seeing as it’s been ages since I was last down there, and that was on a Sunday. A week day visit is even longer ago. The main reason for the trip is to visit Gray’s of Westminster, a Nikon camera dealer that I’ve always fancied visiting, even before I owned a Nikon. Now all I need to be careful of is leaving the shop without actually buying anything; but there again, I’ll have a look and see what’s on offer.

Yesterday I ordered a book from them and I was told it would be here by the end of the day. I think we missed it arriving this morning seeing as we were a tad late getting up. But we didn’t hear the doorbell at all. It’s not the first time that Royal Fail has done this across us. Now it’s a trip to the sorting office to collect it. While making the order I noticed that there is a Nikon Owners Club and I fancy that too, but at £60 a year, it’s fairly expensive. However, I looked on line last night and a lot of the members were saying that it’s a really good buy; so maybe I’ll give it a go while I’m there.

Altogether I shall have around six hours to find things to point me camera at, so after Gray’s it will off to Tate Britain, which I haven’t visited for a very long time. After that I’m not sure really but I do fancy a look at the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden … and maybe even a quick look in the whiskey shop just around the corner. Lots to do around there, too much for just six hours but hay-ho, I’m sure I shall manage.

Enough of my waffling, time for a photo … 

Neat neighbours, and there’s even a café in one of them.

And funny time …

When I overheard one of my cashiers tell a customer, "We haven’t had it for a while, and I doubt we’ll be getting it soon," I quickly assured the customer that we would have whatever it was she wanted by next week. After she left, I read the cashier the riot act.
"Never tell the customer that we’re out of anything. Tell them we’ll have it next week," I instructed her. "Now, what did she want?" 
"Rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment