Thursday 16 April 2015

Not a lot for today



16 April

Up early this morning, well, early for me that is. I woke needing to pee at 7.40. As it worked out it was rather useful seeing as I needed to get an appointment with a GP. I’ve become aware that I was having problems in the urine side of things. He seems to think there’s an infection so he’s given me a course of antibiotics; if that doesn’t work then it’s on to something else I suppose.

The car was collected this morning to have the new seat cover fitted and thankfully the opening it up to make sure it was OK before they collected the car this time. It hasn’t taken the long and the car is out front now. All we need to do is the get all our stuff back in there again. It needs doing today cos I’m at the Walsgrave for sleep clinic tomorrow at 12.00. Still not done the medical side yet; next Thursday I’m at diabetic clinic, then I’m done with it all, at least for now and that there’s no follow up after the antibiotics.      

I spent a couple of hours yesterday riding round and round the town centre and park on me scooter. I just couldn’t see any photos, not even the normal candids I take own at the market. I suppose I could have done quite a few like that but to be honest, I’m getting bored with them. I did get a few shots of flowers in the park, oh yes, and a mouth full of abuse from some prat about putting camera away. I ignored him anyway and carried on, the silly little man!

This one is going to a short one again, so today’s photo … 

A vertical garden; London is getting quite a few of these now.

And today’s funny is from the Sage …

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing. "We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Sven, "but we don't have a ladder."
The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her pocketbook, took a measurement, announced, "Twenty one feet, six inches," and walked away.
One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"
Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and are currently serving as elected members of parliament

No comments:

Post a Comment