Wednesday 22 April 2015

Big togs, little togs



22 April

The blood test has been done and I was surprised by how quickly I was in and out of there. Normally there’s around a 30 minute wait, so being in and out so quickly really was a surprise. What a pity I’m not so fast! I started this one yesterday but then got caught up with recorded programmes off telly and before I knew it, it was coming up to 6 o’clock. By that time it was too late to finish it and get it posted.

Cutting Edge last night was a bit strange. It was about the ‘growth’ in the sales of outsize clothing for women. As we all know obesity is increasing all the time, so some shops have started to cater to the ladies who need larger clothes. Yet it all seems very odd to me. The size 0 super models on the normal catwalk and the designers who employ them, were castigated for giving a false hope to ladies and kids with want to look the same. They are accused of focusing on their body image. Actually though, there is little difference between the obese and the super thin; let’s face it, both groups are obsessed by bady image, of looking good. There was nothing in that show about the health dangers of both extremes, both of which can and do cause deaths in the target ranges.

There was nothing in the show about obese men, people like me. Not sure what my weight is right now, it’s not just the weight, I’m only 5’ 5”, which means I have short legs. So I buy my clothes from Premier Man or Chums. Not only do these companies supply larger sizes, they also sell those large sizes in various leg lengths too. My leg size is 27”. Buying stuff of the market of in a conventional shop means that Jan will have to cut them down to fit me. That is not good at all really. The most annoying things is outsize clothes are so damned expensive. I really can’t see how they can justify the extra costs. They are using less material and surely the manufacturing in done the same, no matter what size there are.

My diet is still on-going and my clothes are certainly getting to be two big. I tried on a pair of trousers the other day and they were around 2” too big. It’s too late to end them back now so it’s a good job I have a few belts to pull them in. Jan will also put a couple of darts in them too if they need it.

Tomorrow is St George’s day, England’s big day. There’s calls for it to be made a public holiday, but I’m not so sure. In a few days we will have a bank holiday for the 1 May, later in the month there’s another one. We don’t need another one, no matter what the reason is. I would probably go for one between August and Christmas though. In the spring we have enough! But did you know that St George’s Day is the traditional day when country wine makes o out to pick dandelions to make a new batch of wine. I’ve tried it and it’s easy. And it’s also very nice too.

Today’s photo then, is of a willow tree in St James’s park, … 
  

More words of wisdom from the Sage today …

 A ninety year old aboriginal elder sat in his hut eyeing two government
'Welfare' officials sent to interview him. One official said to him: "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You have seen his wars and his technological advances. You have seen his progress and the damage he has done."

The elder nodded in agreement.
The official continued: "Considering all these events, in your opinion,
where did the whitefella go wrong?"
The elder stared at the two government officials for over a minute and
then he calmly replied:
"When whitefella found the land, blackfellas were running it.
No taxes, No debt, Plenty kangaroo, Plenty fish, Women did all the work,
Medicine man free. Aboriginal man spent all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex."
Then the elder leaned back and smiled: "Only whitefella bloody stupid
enough to think he could improve a system like that."
         

No comments:

Post a Comment