Tuesday 7 April 2015

Rising temperatures



7 April

Bright blue sunny sky here in Dorktown today; for me for London tomorrow there’s a forecast for slight clouds and sunny intervals; for Thursday when Jan is off to Chester Zoo with Kile, again it all looks very promising too.

The temperature in our bedroom is very puzzling. Last night it was fine at 73 degrees, but on other occasions it’s been up and down like a yoyo. The night before it was fairly chilly to me at 70, yet other times has been fine. Then a few times it’s been over 73 and I’ve been cold. Actually, it’s not the bedroom, it’s me and my reaction to the temperature, whatever it is. My diabetic nurse has suggested that I might experience this at some time but it’s nothing really to worry about at this time. I’m due for blood tests later this month and an appointment early in May so I’ll mention it then. 

The NHS is in the West Midland’s news again; this time it’s about the downgrading of a maternity unit in Stafford which forced a woman to drive to Stoke on Trent to give birth. She didn’t make, and ended up giving birth in a layby. She is not alone; last week another woman gave birth on the M6 while one her way to Stoke. Both of these will be investigated. While all this going on the various parties are arguing about who is right with the figures they bandy about. In truth, they are both right because they use the figures in different ways.

GP appointments have come up again and each party is biding to provide who will provide the best system come next month. Yet a guy who was on the news at one today was saying that the evening and weekend problems are fine as they are, but the general public would just love to be able to get an appointment at any time without have to wait for days on end. I know our surgery there’s a two or three day wait if you miss the phone time first thing in the morning.

I surprised myself by getting over 1000 words done to Bristol Fashion. All I need to do now is keep it up. However, easily said than done. Take today for instance; we were late up and now we have far too much to do (even though we have a good bit before today) for me to get back to it. Tomorrow I’m off to London – but hopefully I’ll be able to get a good bit done on Thursday. So, with that in mind, here’s today’s photo … 

Eddie7 , in Centenary Square.

And today’s funny …

Colonoscopies are important medical procedures that have saved lives. And yet they’re as popular 
as, well, a colonoscopy. Here are 
comments purportedly made by 
patients to physicians during their procedures. “Now I know how a Muppet feels!”  “Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?”  “Any sign of the trapped miners, chief?”

No comments:

Post a Comment