Thursday 9 April 2015

London on foot ...



9 April

Yesterday trip to London went off fine. It’s been a long time since I have been down there using National Express coach services. Part of the fun for me is actually the coach trip itself. Anyway, we got into Victoria around 15 minutes early, which I am not going to moan about. The return journey was different though. It was running 45 minutes late; if memory serves, the last time I used the 1800 hours service, it was 45 minutes late too. Ah well … … …

I used my walker for getting around. That was a mistake. I’m just not up to managing so much time walking around these days. From 10.40 to 5.50, apart from when I stopped off to have a drink in various pubs, and no, not real ale, I had J2O orange and mango. That is more walking than I have done in a very long time. The beauty of the walker is that I can sit and take a rest whenever I wanted to. However, the walker makes the Tube impossible to for me to use. Those sets up and down are just not doable. That alone meant that I didn’t cover anywhere near as much ground as I would have liked to have done. Next I go, it will be on Sunday and I will drive in and use my scooter to get around.

Today I am here by myself cos Jan is off to Chester Zoo with Kile, his mum and his two half-sisters, Billy and Vicky. We don’t have enough cameras to allow each of them to have a camera so Samantha has taken just one, Jan’s Nikon Coolpix P100. It will be interesting to see what results she comes up with. Last night I cleared and formatted a 16gig card and made sure the battery is fully charged.

Jan got to a 7am this morning and I did disturb slightly when she was up and about, but it was only to turn over really. I last night I knew I was tired, but not just how tired I was. When I finally woke up this morning, it wasn’t morning at all; it was at 12.20! That is bloody crazy, as well as being the latest I have ever got up. What few plans I had for today, which didn’t include going out anywhere, have been scrapped now, so it’s a matter of sorting out my photos from yesterday and then doing whatever comes up after that; including writing today’s blog.      

My photos from yesterday … now there’s a story all on its own. There I was happily clicking away and checking to see how they looked. As usual some are better than others. Then one time I got an error message on the screen; Not able to display this image. Strange; so I turned the camera off and tried again, same message. Thinking the SD card had failed I quickly changed the card for the rest of the day. Today I have downloaded both card to the computer and ALL the images are there, but some are NEF images. A quick look at the camera manual informed that I can still get at them using the Nikon software, not Photoshop. I shall try that later.

I did visit the Royal Mews while I was there, thinking it was the art gallery … deeerrrrrr; no, the art gallery is just down the round, the Mews is a stable complex. I’m not into horse accept as a food source, and I’m not into the Royals at all. But I have to say that the Golden Coach, used for coronations is pretty spectacular. It’s in its sealed room; I say sealed but what I mean is that one whole wall has to be removed to get it out for use. Visitors can walk around it, kept away from it by one of those rope thingies. I’ve got a few photos of it, and here’s the main shot … 



And today’s funny

Q: What do you call a parade of rabbits hopping backwards?
A: a receding hare-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment