Friday 17 April 2015

Muxed ip, films and books





17 April




 




What a mess I’ve been in today! Actually, it’s been most of the week. I have managed to get this week and next week totally muxed ip. I turned up at the Walsgrave hospital for my 12 o’clock appointment, just as I said yesterday, only to find it wasn’t today, it’s next Friday. We got home to find a card through the door from our foot butcher who was here at 1pm. Oh dear, that’s an extra £45 to find when she does come again. Ah well … … …




Have you seen Tora Tora Tora? It’s an old film I know and I have a copy here as part of a three film set. The acting on the part of the Japanese actors is pretty poor in comparison to the American actors. Now, let’s go back to the other week for wee minute … I said to Jan that I fancied watching Tommy Lee Jones in Volcano and Pierce Brosnan in Dante’s Peak. Jan went to work on Amazon and over a couple of days we had a load of DVDs arrive here. One of them was another Japan/American joint venture, also based on a true story, Battle of the Pacific. There’s no big names in it and unlike the one above, the acting honours are not one sided. We sat and watched it last night and it is a great movie guys n gals, really great. If you get chance to see it, do so; you won’t regret it.





Later last night I finally finished James Herbert’s Portent. All the way along I’ve thought it was pretty good, including last night when I put it away and chose my next read. But I’ve been re-thinking it. The ending was pretty lame for me. There isn’t the usual big bang finish, it just seemed to fizzle out with the baddies disappearing. I won’t spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read it though by saying exactly what happened. Mind you, as with most of them, the good guys win in the end. My next read?




Well, the first of the Game of Thrones books. Yes, I know most of you will have already read it but I never fancied it. I’ll give it a go now though. In fact, seeing as we haven’t had a quiet reading evening this week, I think I may start it just after the News at 7pm. But there again, I do have some writing to do, a photo mag to read, the carbohydrate book I bought and not finished yet. There’s also another Scott Cullen story by Ed James on my Kindle to finish too. Whatever … … …




Another photo from London for today …




 




And our friendly Sage has been good to us again …




Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."        





No comments:

Post a Comment