Sunday 12 April 2015

Mainly books ...



12 April

What a nice sunny spring day we have out there at the moment; pity about the wind though. Ah well, I suppose we can’t everything we want just when we want it. Mind you, I’m washing our bedding right now so it won’t take long to dry out there on line.

Yesterday I was moaning about not getting any writing done and made a suggestion about part of the reason being that Amazon has taken my works of sale. So after that I had a look at my second book, Finding Our Way, which happens to be my first NANOWRIMO effort. I was hoping to get it up on LULU. Oh dear, what a mess it is. At least one person read it and gave it a great review; he was very forgiving over the errors in it. And so I began reading through it and correcting as many as I could find. Once that it done I shall be getting it on LULU, see if it does any better on there. I shall also put it up as a print version as well as eBook.

I have been reading King’s The Shinning on my Kindle, but it stopped working last week when I got an error message saying that it had timed out. Not seen that before, any ideas please? At least I have plenty of others on there ready to be read. Now I’m well into the fifth Ed James Scott Cullen novel. Cullen is another Edinburgh based cop but that is as far the Rankin similarities go. The current one, Bottleneck, revolves around the 18 month old body of a pop star hopeful. Cullen is now an Acting DS and has a new boss who is just as bad as Brain Bain, his last one. This is a writer to watch out for folks.

My weight is coming down slowly it seems. Not been on the scales for bit though but I can tell by most of clothes being looser than they were. I can also see areas where my skin is not as tight either. Why is that happening? Well, mainly cos I’m not eating anywhere near as much as I used to, in fact, I’m eating a lot less than I really should be eating. Not only that, I have stopped drinking beer. I still have a bottle of malt by me chair and I had one last night. That is only the second one that I have had in the three weeks I’ve had the bottle. My squash intake has gone up quite bit and long with the occasional diet coke, I’m getting what liquids I need. Long may it continue.

Today’s photo … 

A snapped snapper in St James Park.

Today’s funny …

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can’t get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment