Friday 20 February 2015

Word count, another collision in the smae place, a new car soon



20 February

I have been keeping a watch on my word count for this blog; even so I missed an important mile stone yesterday. The count at the end of yesterday’s blog was 600,088 words. It goes over 1398 Word pages and there are 1,021 blogs with over 25,000 page views. Not bad really, well, I’m happy about it anyway. At least when I write this, I know that I am getting some writing done, even if it isn’t anything towards my latest novel.

A RTC has happened by that bridge where the lorry got stuck a few days ago. In this second one, a fire engine was racing to an incident on blues and twos and collided with a taxi on the junction of the A47 and Higham Lane. The taxi driver was taken to the major trauma unit of new Walsgrave hospital in Coventry. I find it a bit strange really; I mean, a fire engine on blues and twos is not a small item for other drivers to miss seeing is it. Cops find it so odd they have started an investigation into it. I wonder who will be found at fault here.

Jan is at long last due to pick up her new car on Monday. We will both be relieved when she does. This has been the longest delay we’ve had with our mobility lease cars. She should have changed it around mid-December, so it’s not two months late; and I thought that a wait of six months for a new VW was long! I suppose only having one ferry to bring in cars to the UK from Europe has caused a lot problems for a lot of people, but I can’t help but wonder why they only have two such ferry’s operating. It’s the sort of job that needs some sort of backup plan.

I think I said some time ago that I am finding it hard to drive all day now, especially when I’m by myself. It was my last trip to London that really brought it home to me. Om the way home I stopped three times at services, just to get a break and get from behind the wheel. That trip made feel very vulnerable in deed. My Doblo has less than 6,000 miles on the clock and it’s around 20 months old now. So we have made the decision that my Doblo will go back to as soon as we can arrange it – if they will allow it that is.

Last week while I was in Brum, I got talking to a guy in a pub. He was interested in my Nikon D5200. Last week was the first time he had been in the city for around 25 years, and he was saying just how much it had changed. The whole city centre is a lot cleaner now and some of the new architecture is stunning. So for today’s photo, here’s an example of a building project that is close to completion, even if it doesn’t look it … 

New Street Station.

And today’s funny …

Q:What did the digital clock say to the grandfather clock? A:Look grandpa, no hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment