Thursday 19 February 2015

Rain, depressed and a book case



19 February

We have rain in Dorktown, so it’s a good job we hadn’t made any plans for going out. Tom is here for a bit so Jan we take him back to Coventry when he’s done here. She will then call round to the British Heart Foundation to see if the book case we saw yesterday is still there. If it is, we will have it for here in the living room. I’m hoping we will still get the shelves done that I have here, but the book case would go a long way towards sorting my books. The major task after that is to get my writing sorted out. I was so pleased with myself the other day when I got 1500 words; yet I’ve not even looked at it since then.

One of my Facebook friends is an insulin dependent diabetic and he’s going through a really round time of it right now. He didn’t have a very good night last night because his mum lost a friend of here to diabetes and that sent down the Black Dog path again. Diabetes does cause depression in a lot of people, including me and my friend suffers with it really badly. So after a bad night he reads the morning paper and finds a headline saying, ‘7000 amputations a year due to diabetes’. That has does him no good at all. If anything it has made him feel even worse.

Things can only get even worse if Daft Dave gets voted in as Prime Muppet again. He has indicated that obese people will start to lose bennies if they don’t lose weight. That sounds a reasonable idea really, but what of the binge drinkers and druggies and smokers? Will they be treated with the same rules? I doubt it. The others are seen as being illnesses but for a lot of us, so is being obese.

It’s the same as the fraud in the bennies systems. Its right that those fraudsters are chased down made to repay the stolen money. Yet why are the multimillionaires who dodge paying taxes not being chased with the same tenacity? The amount being lost to the UK is huge in comparison to the bennie fraudsters. The difference is that tax dodgers have the dosh to hire layers to fight their corner. Bennie claimants, fraudster or not, can’t, that makes them easy targets. The Tories have been given another £10 million pounds last year. I wonder how many of those donations came from people who have followed Grabbing George and his advice of tax dodging.

The dear old Hussy is in the news again today. However, for a change it’s good news they have to share. It is two and a half years since anyone caught MRSA while being treated there. As I say, good news, they have worked hard to achieve that. With my pessimistic head on though, is to right to share it I wonder? I hope they are not tempting fate by going public with this right now; I hope not.

And so for today’s photo … 

Another candid shot in Brum last week.

And today’s funny …

My car is 16 years old and drives about as well as most 16 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment