Saturday 28 February 2015

Another cock-up, my car is being returned and the truth of things



27 February

Yesterday I cocked up yet again. I had far too much sugar in a very short time; and that on top of two pints of Tiger real ale. It’s no wonder I’m was feeling rough most of the night and still feel rough this morning. Today I shall boost my water intake by a lot in the hope of washing a good part of it, not that it’s likely to work like but it’s worth a go.

Earlier this week I phoned Motability and asked if I can return my Doblo early. We were hoping they would agree but were not expecting the ‘good condition’ bonus for doing so. Well, they did agree and they also said that I shall get my bonus of £250 as well as around a third of the advance payment of £299. We’re happy with that. They asked me to call the dealer and make arrangements for the car’s return, and I forgot. So I’ve just made the call and I’m expecting a call back later today to arrange it. I was hoping for Monday but Jan will be busy that day so I’ll see when I can arrange it.

And another nonce gets sent down. Paul Gad didn’t learn anything from two previous jail terms did he, well, his 17 year stretch this time might teach him the lessons he needs to learn. At 79 when he get’s out, he should be too old to play such silly games. Let’s hope eh. And yet it seems that once these people start along that dark path, they find it hard to get off it. It seems to be a drug with them, one that they don’t want to give up.

Young lives are damaged beyond belief and yet there are people who seem to want to crawl out of the woodwork to make excuses for the abusers. There can be no excuse for it. One of my novels, House of Pain, is about how a small group of abuse survivors gain their revenge on their abusers. I’m sorry but it’s out of print right now but I am working on bring it back. However, I’m asking, is such revenge ever right? I can certainly see why some survivors might want to do so. But can it be right for everyone? That is a hard question methinks.

Gad has the next 17 years to think about, if ever he does think about it; and yet he will be in the nonce wing of the prison. Perhaps these people should be in the general prison population? They would certainly learn the lesson a lot quicker in there rather than in the cossetted wing with like-minded men. I wonder what they talk about in there? Do they relive their abuse for their new acquaintances? If they do is it going to teach them any lessons accept how not to get caught?

Can I ask please, how often have you said that you are fine when someone asks how you are? I’m sure we all do it, no matter we feel. And when you ask it, how many actually tell you the truth? There’s a reason behind this.

Yesterday I went into town on my scooter for the first time in ages and I really enjoyed it. On the way home I called into the Anker, our local pub, again, for the first time in months. Sat there was an old guy, I say old cos he looks old; yet he’s the same age as me. Anyway … I asked him how he was; his reply surprised me, just one word, ‘Lonely!’ So once I got my pint I went and joined him and passed a pleasant hour with him. He was desperate for me to stay with him but I couldn’t, I really needed to get home at that time. But how pleasant it was to be told the truth by someone. How many decent people do we miss out on speaking to because of that little white lie I wonder?

There I was stood in the kitchen while the kettle boiled and outside I saw some catkins with the sun full on them from the left. Here’s the result …


And today’s funny …

A man walks out of a bar and sees a homeless man on the corner. And the homeless man says, “Sir, can you spare a buck?” The man thinks about the question for a bit and asks, “If I give you a buck, are you going to use it to buy a beer or vodka?” “No, he replies.” The man then asks, “If I give you a buck are you going to gamble it away?” “No, he replies.” So the man says, “Come with me and I’ll give you the buck.”  He takes the homeless man home and tells his wife , “See what happens to people who don’t drink or gamble?”

No comments:

Post a Comment