Tuesday 24 February 2015

Spag-Bol, lasting two years and 3rd series?



24 February
I’m running late again today and even now I can’t have a clear run at writing this blog seeing as I’m also doing some Spag-Bol for Jan’s home group. I know that pancake day was last week but there wasn’t enough members attending to make it worthwhile. It has become a bit of a tradition that I make something for the group each year, so this year it’s Spag-Bol.

The child killer has got away with it has he? Or has he … Joe Miller is sent to Sheffield, that’s OK, we wouldn’t such as e here about. Yes, I know it’s only fiction but what fiction it is hey! I wish I had written it, I really do. In our telly pages for yesterday the question is posed, ‘Anyone for series?’ There’s a good chance you know. Those two lawyers getting together; Joe Miller might actually return; where is DI Hardy going to go off to: and the biggie … will Miller and Hardy actually become an item? Yes, I’m up for another series.

My dearest darling Jan has found a book for me on Amazon, (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steps-Plan-e-Publishing-Publish-Ultimate-ebook/dp/B00J1KPB9U/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1424712194&sr=1-1&keywords=The+6+Steps+Plan+to+e-Publishing%3A+How+To+Publish+in+Kindle+Format+and+Market+Your+Kindle+Books+with+Amazon) which I fancy. But do you think I can get to download? Don’t be silly, it’s me enit, of course I can’t. I keep getting silly messages from Amazon to say there is a problem with my payment method, even though I’ve up dated it, twice. Bloomin daft getting now! I shall try again in a wee while cos it’s not the only book I want to buy. Ed James has a new one out in the Cullen series. He’s good read if you’re interested.

There won’t be any more, or at least very few mentions of what’s going on here in Dorktown as reported in the News, likewise the weekly history spot. I was they only one of us who was reading the papers and seeing as it was costing us £30 a month, we decided we could use that dosh elsewhere, so we cancelled them. Actually, we’ve done well this time; normally we would only have them on for a few months before we got fed up with them. At least this time they lasted two years.

Public art is all around us and most of it is money well spent. So for today’s photo here’s a shot of one such piece, one of pair of beasties sitting below the Brum Fluzzy in the Jacuzzi in Vicky Square ...



Today’s funny …

A truck driver was driving along the highway when he saw a sign, “Low Underpass Ahead.” Thinking his truck could for sure make it, he drove under and got stuck. Soon all the cars were honking their horns and shouting. Before long, a cop came and said “what’s the problem, got stuck, huh? Thinking quickly the truck driver smiled and said “no, I didn’t get stuck, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment