Monday 16 February 2015

Monday morning blues, Kile and camping

16 February

Monday morning blues in heaps this morning. Maybe waking up after a dream when half of Dorktown disappeared into a massive sink hole and having to claw my out of it, might something to do with it. Or maybe it’s the rain that coming down in buckets loads right now. Of course it could be Jan and Kile paying Super Mario on the Wii, yes, even at this time in the morning. Whatever it is, I don’t feel up to much at all today.

I wonder what is happening out there in wide world. When Kile is with I rarely get to watch any news on telly, last Friday was the last time. Hopefully I will have it one at 1 o’clock today. Not only that, but Kile is due back home sometime today and that means I shall get the chance to read the new edition of AP. I can’t concentrate on it when he is here. It’s a short delay but I’m not complaining as such, we only get to see him properly every other weekend. We love having him too, but the place seems empty when he goes home.  

Years ago I talked Jan into going to the Highlands for a camping holiday; we loved it too. One of our runs out was along Loch Ness, and no, we didn’t see the beastie, not that we were looking for it anyway. We used to love our camping holidays but these days we just couldn’t manage erecting a tent; so all the kit went on Ebay. Now of course, we really do miss it. Anyway, yesterday I noticed that the film Loch Ness, was on channel five, followed by Lady and the Tramp. We sat and watched both; Kile hadn’t seen the former but was feed up with the latter; it seems his nan is always putting it on when he visits there. And shock horror, he says he’s fed up with the Parry Hotters too. At least next time he comes we have The Twin Towers, a lot better than JP or the Tremors!

Its shopping day today and I think I will try the on-line shopping for a change, well, we have registered for it so we might as well eh. AT least that way we should get what we want but not all the extras we tend to throw in the trolley as we walk around. There is a major down side for us in this idea. Just lately, the only time I get to go out these days is when I do the shopping, so it might not be a regular thing we do.

Today’s photo then … 

Master Yoda 

And today’s funny …
Jay, Tom and Paul were at a convention together sharing a large suite at the top of a 75-story hotel. After a long day of meetings, they were shocked to hear that the elevators in their hotel were broken, and they would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to their room.
Jay said to Tom and Paul, “Let’s break the monotony of this unpleasant task by concentrating on something interesting. I’ll tell jokes for 25 flights, Tom can sing songs for the next 25 flights and Paul will tell sad stories for the rest of the way.”
At the 26th floor, Jay stopped telling jokes and Jim began to sing. At the 51st floor, Tom stopped singing and Paul began to tell sad stories.
“I will tell my saddest story first,” he said. “I left the room key in the car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment