Sunday 1 February 2015

Black dogs, Facebook and being lazy



1 February

On Facebook this morning there’s a few folks talking of white rabbits. It’s something I remember from my childhood but it was only used on 1 March. Some folks use it on the 1st of every month it seems. Mind you, I have no idea what it is all about really; after all, I’m sure that all rabbits, no matter the colour, will taste the same when under a pie crust.

This week’s AP is the annual issue devoted to Black & White photography. I’m minded to go back to using film after reading it. But there again, maybe not, but what I will do is to set my D5200 to the B&W mode and give it a good go. I might even put my 50mm f1,8 lens there too and give that one a run. And that my friends is why going back to film would be a BIG NONO for me. I just couldn’t afford to. At least with digital I have all the gear I need and very little, if anything is lost or wasted; maybe the power to charge the battery and run the ‘puter, but not in film and paper costs. Besides. Jan would let me ;-)))

As for my writing, well, I’m doing it right now aren’t I? But apart from that I’m doing nothing at all. I know what is causing it, and it’s not writers block at all; no, it’s two things, laziness and prevarication. I just can’t be bothered with it right now. It’s all rather silly and upsetting really, cos when I do put my mind to it I really enjoy doing it. The actual writing I find to be the easy bit, it’s the all the crap that needs doing after I’ve finished that pisses me off. It makes me wonder if writers like Dickens and Hardy and so, had to go through the same high jumps that we modern writers have to. Or is it that some people have an existence to justify and a rice bowels to fill.

Well, it’s Sunday, Jan is off to church and I’m sat here with Kile. While I’m on me ‘puter, he’s happy playing on Jan’s iPad. That way we are both happily occupied and busy, even if there is work to be done. Again, feeling lazy … or is big black dog biting again. Sometimes I can’t tell you know, but I least I can write about how I feel. It does make me wonder just how long that has been going on, even before the GP put me medication for it. Looking right back to my time in army, I can remember times when I felt exactly the same. Being retired now I don’t have the added worry of it effecting my professional outlook and performance. Well, at least my weekly pay packet isn’t harmed by it.

Just been looking for my smaller dic-n-ary (the large one is sat under a load of papers and if I try to get it, the whole lot will come,) and I’ve just seen the Jurassic Park DVDS. So I am going to put one now and see how Kile reacts when it starts. Well. I will do when I’ve posted this.

Today’s photo then … 

A robin.

And today’s funny …

I live in Canada, a plane ride away from my family, so I was very excited to inform my twin 3 year olds that we were going to go on a plane to see my family. It was after a few days that it struck me that they seemed nervous about it. After talking it over with them I finally figured out the problem. They thought they would each have to fly on a separate plane by themselves. How else would we all fit into one of those tiny planes that fly in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment