Tuesday 3 February 2015

Lost again, eating, not being hungry



3 February

It’s happened yet again; a few months ago I bought three 1150mm shelves and the fixings for them. I put them away ready for when we could get them put up, we were both feeling a bit rough at that time so we couldn’t do it straight away. Anyway … I wanted to measure up the place where I want them to be put up and took out one of the three supporting uprights. But do you think I can find the others now? Nope, not even the Wickes bag all the brackets and so on that I bought at the same time. I did change my mind at one time and bought the three 1150mm shelves and I have found the first, smaller ones, but not the fittings. Typical Jaronland eh?

There’s no imagination when it comes to naming animals is there. How often have you heard of people calling their rotti or pit bull Tyson or Zeus or Diablo? And don’t forget Tiddles the cat and his brother Marmaduke. I wonder how many Cruickshanks there are now after Parry Hotter? Anyway … A few weeks ago, Jan wet out and bought a couple of gerbils and a cage set-up for them. She has named them Buttercup and Daisy, not that they will ever answer to them of course. If it had been me I would have gone for Sage and Onion, or Gin and Tonic, or something really original for an animal name. The nearest we ever got was to name a cat Ginny.

Last night I finished reading Order of the Phoenix and picked up The Twin Towers ready to start that one. Then I looked at the clock and saw it was 01.40; the book was closed unopened, a trip to the loo, put on my CPAP mask and the next thing I knew I woke at just before 6’clock bursting for a wee and again. Got back in bed and then Jan was shaking me awake at just after 10 o’clock.

And yet I’m still tired. I feel that someone has pulled me plug out of the mains. For lunch today I had two Weetabix and semi-skimmed milk. I only had that because I know I have to have something, not because I’m actually hungry. I will still be feeling like that come dinner time too, and I’m not eating loads of stuff between meals either. It’s a strange feeling you know. At one time, when I was on see food diet (you know the one, you see food and eat it, and go looking for it when you don’t see it), I was always eating. Now I eat very little and I don’t know why. Maybe I should go and see my GP; but I have such a list of things that I don’t think I will ever get out of there.

So, time for a photo …

The Town Hussy

And our funny is from the Sage …
 
Nicola Sturgeon is touring Perthshire in the First Ministers chauffeur driven car. Suddenly a cow jumps out into the road. They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop. Nicola in her usual jaunty manner, says to the chauffeur : " You get out and check - you were driving." The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead. " You were driving, go and tell the farmer," says Nicola, I cant afford to be blamed for anything.
The chauffeur walks up the drive to the farmhouse and returns five hours later totally plastered, his hair ruffled and with a big grin on his face.
" My God, what happened to you ?" asks Nicola.
The chauffeur replies : " When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap - up meal and the daughter made love to me."
" What on earth did you say?" asks Nicola.
" I knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them, I'm Nicola Sturgeons chauffeur and I've just killed the cow."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment