Friday 13 February 2015

Odd date, Brum yesterday and its a Kile weekend



13 February

It’s that magic day/date combo that is hated by so many people. How sad I find it that so many allow themselves to be tied up by such superstitious beliefs. Friday 13th is just one such belief; breaking a mirror, cutting one’s nails, spilling salt and so on, too many to name really, all dreamed up to ensure and enslave other people. I’ve never taken any notice of them and I have no plans to start now!

Yesterday I had a trip to Birmingham and had a good day. I used my walker and got round reasonable OK but I’m feeling it today with aching legs. There was a lot of red roses for sale over there, of course tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, but at £12 a bunch I won’t be bothering, I don’t normally anyway, but those prices are silly prices. We do have flowers fairly regular anyway and on the odd occasion I’ve bought roses, they don’t seem to last very long. The last lot I bought has just been thrown out, after nearly three weeks; a much better buy.

Lots of photos yesterday too, 17 keepers out the 64 I took, so not bad really. This set is only the 4th set so far this year and it was a pleasure to be out there snapping away. One the shots is of the new tramline that is being built along Corporation. The area looks a right mess at the moment but when it’s all done the city will look even better than it currently does. Another shot is of the new façade of New Street Station, and that is looking good too. My shoot shows the instillation of the highly polished stainless steel panels that are going to around there. That is going to look simply stupendous when it’s finished. There’s one of me too, a selfie reflected in part of it.

I really do like the centre of Birmingham. What is happening there can only improve it even more. Sadly, there will be disruption while all the work is ongoing, but I’m sure that one it’s all done and dusted, it will all look really good. I shall keep going over there while I can and I hope that I shall see it when it’s all finished. But I think that the next time I go over there I shall my scooter, not my walker and cover a lot more of it without it hurting my legs the day after.

We are due to have Kile this weekend, so Jan is off to do a bit of shopping and then off to bring him over. He’s having a bit of rough period again and he’s not helping his mum all that much. I’m not talking about actually doing chores, now, I’m talking about his general behaviour, which is currently pretty poor. We are keeping an eye on him as best we can because Sam needs as much help as she can get with him right now. It does leave us at times wondering if we do right in having him here. But at least it helps Sam by giving her a break from him. Why he only kicks up at home we don’t know. Here he’s as good as gold.

Today’s photo then is of course from yesterday … 

£12 a knock!

And today’s funny …

A DEA Agent stopped at a ranch in Texas and talked to an old rancher. He told the rancher, “I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.” The rancher said, “okay, but don’t go into that field over there…”, as he pointed out the location. The DEA Agent verbally exploded and said, “look mister, I have the authority of the federal government with me!” Reaching into his rear back pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. “See this badge?! This badge means I can go wherever I want… On any land! No questions asked, no answers given! Do you understand old man?!”
The rancher kindly nodded, apologized, and went about his chores. Moments later the rancher heard loud screams, he looked up and saw the DEA agent running for his life, being chased by the ranchers big Santa Gertrudis Bull…… With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it was likely that he’d sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The old rancher threw down his tools, ran as fast as he could to the fence, and yelled at the top of his lungs…… “YOUR BADGE! SHOW HIM YOUR  BADGE!”

No comments:

Post a Comment