Wednesday 27 November 2013

Titles, real ale and Road works!



27 November 2013

Last night I finished Lynda la Plant's Backlash; not a bad story at all, although I think that the title is a little off. I can't see where a backlash comes into it apart from the last couple of pages. This has got me thinking about the titles for my own  stories. The current NANO currently has two titles; the Word file is called Beanie Woods while on the NANO website it's called Name Of All Names. I think it will publish as Connections eventually though. My last published book has the title Web of Hate but I think Hate's Web would have been better. Whatever - time to move on!

Last night I managed to get my latest batch of photos downloaded to my 'puter and ready to be processed.  Most of them I got while in the Dog yesterday, a pub in Neither Whitacre about 10 miles away. We went a run out to get us out of home for a few hours. They sell some very nice real ales in there and the one I had yesterday was called Top Totty, a nice blonde ale, lager coloured but very good. Then I notice just how many real ale pump signs there are in there. Sixty photos later, Jan was ready to leave. But the first shot I got in there was this one ... 

It's the front of the bar. A couple of months ago I got shots of this but I didn't have my wide-angle lens so couldn't get a single shot of it all. yesterday, I did! If ever you are in the area, try to pay the pub a visit. Nice friendly staff and great real ale.

Dorktowners are up in arms again over traffic chaos on Heathend Road. Three-way temporary lights at the entrance to the Hussy hospital is backing up traffic for miles around. That particular road has always been known as a poor road, what with the surface being so badly scared and patched up, regular road works on there and a parking problem for the whole one mile stretch. Whoever plans these works needs to think about more instead of just blindly pushing a pin into a map and saying, 'We'll dig there today!' At least that's what it looks like they do!

Look at that! I've decided not to go and have a look at the market and the sun has just come out! Bloomin typical! We are planning a birding trip on Friday anyway; if the weather is OK that is. Two possible venues, London Wetland Centre and Richmond Park or Welney Wetland Trust with maybe a stop of Welch's Damn RSPB site first. We say see.

Here's another photo then ... 

A field gun in the grounds of Cardiff Castle.

And a Granny comment today I think ...
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"         

No comments:

Post a Comment