Friday 15 November 2013

Lady writers, NANO and Crimble is coming



15 November 2013

Last night I began a Lynda La Plant book called Backlash. I've not read any of her books before, not really fancied them. That's a tad strange in a way because I loved the Prime Suspect and the Trial and Retribution series on the telly. It's not as if I haven't read women authors before either. Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South was one of the best books I've read. Anne McCaffrey and her Dragon Rider series are also excellent. Seeing as Ms La Plant has around 28 books published, I shall be looking forward to reading more.

My second book to be published was my NANO entry from two years ago with the title Finding Our Way. This one is based on a thieving scum bag who lived not far from us in Bed'th. Hr broke in to our place and stole our car and smahed it up. Total damage was around £6000. The car never felt the same after he had driven and crashed it. In the story I've listed a lot of this idiots' activities and all of them are true, honestly, they really are. Anyway - Jan was reading something on her Kindle and came across a review of Finding Our Way, and what a review it is too. Thing is though some of my titles are not listed on my author's page on Amazon, that's why I hadn't seen the review before Jan showed me it. I shall have to get on to sorting that out once I've got some more of this year's NANO done. Got over 3000 words yesterday and I'm hoping for the same today too.

Did you know it's only six weeks to Crimble now? Well folks, it is. However, if we were to take notice of the ads in the local papers we would think it was next week! Take the News for instance. Six pages of Crimble ads! I'm sure I drove past a house the other day that a Crimble Tree up already. But it makes it all far too long for me. Our tree will go up a couple days before and will come down as soon as I can get away with it after. I'm a 'bah humbug' guy, I'm really not. But I do feel all the hype and marketing take the shine off it and make the whole thing far too long.

And talking of Crimble, there's nothing either Jan or me needs so there's nothing obvious for us to buy each other. So seeing as our DVD player isn't all that good we've agreed to get a new set up and that will be our presi to each other. I'm sure we will each of spend a bob or two on something as a surprise for the big day though ;-)))

Today's photo is of reflections in the Coventry canal I got some time ago ...

And today's funny ...
Why Sharks Circle You Before Attacking...
Two great white sharks swimming in the ocean spied survivors of a sunken ship.
"Follow me son" the father shark said to the son shark and they swam to the mass of people.
"First we swim around them a few times with just the tip of our fins showing."
And they did.
"Well done, son!  Now we swim around them a few times with all of our fins showing."   And they did.
"Now we eat everybody."   And they did.
When they were both gorged, the son asked, "Dad, why didn't we just eat them all at first?   Why did we swim around and around them?"
His wise father replied, "Because they taste better without the shit inside!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment