Saturday 23 November 2013

Funny or not, bad driving again and USB hubs!



23 November 2013

What is it with multi drive USB hubs?  My lappy only has three USB ports so I really do need a hub. Everyone I have ever bought seem fine I buy them; they work OK, or at least most of them do, but then within a year every single one of them has given up the ghost. My latest one is PNY version which is a card reader with four SUB ports. It's worked fine up to me moving my printer the other day. Now the dammed thing won't work at all. Bloomin crap stuff!

Saturday and we Kile here again. Right now he's playing on the Wii with Jan. I've never really fancied playing on the these gaming machines. My eyes go crossed just watching those two doing so. This about the only time I can get on and do something else while they play on. That means that NANO will get done today too. I'm slightly ahead at the moment after catching up yesterday. Be glad when it's finished though.

My last NANO effort, Finding Our Way from two years ago, I thought was my weakest story. Yet according to a review that Jan found it's a cracking story, '.. gritty with realism ...' I could do with a few more reviews like that.

Front page of the Dorktown Telegraph has a story of a trucker who ran into the back of a car killing a 62 year old lady and her 15 year old school boy. The good folk of Suffolk seem to think sneezing is a legitimate reason for killing two people. Perhaps Suffolk should be renamed Dorkshire! The accident happened on the A14 in Suffolk. It was alleged that he had failed to see or ignored  the overhead signs saying that a broken down was causing a hold up. He then claimed that the Fiat Punto he collided with, and another car moved over and went up a slip road. He then sneezed and that is when he hit the Punto. ERRR - Excuse me? Beg Pardon? He runs into the back of a car at such speed the car ends up under his truck. Without the deaths that is surely driving without due care and attention. Adding in the deaths that's causing death by driving without due care and attention. Perhaps the jury in Ipswich were non-drivers and therefore didn't know that when a driver hits the rear of a another vehicle it's their fault. Talk about a miscarriage of justice. Maybe it's time for the victim's families to push for an appeal; I certainly would!

And of course being Saturday, the Telegraph has it's normal list of useless bits of info for us all. Today they've only gone back as far as 1859 When Billy the Kid was born. And 1888 saw the infliction on the human race of Harpo Marx. Whatever anyone saw as being funny in him and his brothers is way beyond me!

Look at these steps in Brixham ... 

I'm pleased not have to climb these to get home!

And another granny funny from the Sage ...

My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 80. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"            

No comments:

Post a Comment