Sunday 24 November 2013

Film, wine and food



24 November 2013

At long last I managed to get my photos from last Sunday sorted yesterday, only a week late. Never mind hey ... ... ...

For some time now I've been fancying a bottle of red wine, so while Jan was out shopping yesterday she bought me one. So I also sat and wrapped myself around it. Not a bad wine but also not the best wine I have had. While I was sat with that we watched the Daniel Radcliffe film The Woman in Black, based on the novel by Susan Hill. This is ghost story and the twist at the end is a real kicker.

This morning I've sat and watched some of the cookery show on BBC2. I like them normally but don't watch them too often because Jan isn't so keen. The thing is with those shows, a lot of what they cook is well outside our price range and I'm not sure where to source them anyway. But I like to play about with food and seeing as many dishes on telly this morning has brought some ideas to me mind. Some time ago I was buying a micro-wave magazine and one of the first things I learned from is was nuked taties. Vey easy and very filling folks; two small to medium sized taties per person is more than enough! It's also a veggie dish too. Wash a couple of taties and keeping the skins on slice them about 1/3 of inch think. Slice an onion and a load of washed mushrooms. Sprinkle with oil and season to taste. Four minutes in the micro-wave in a Pyrex dish with a lid; take out and toss about in the dish and return to cook for another four minutes. Let it stand a wee bit and off you go. I also put in sweetcorn, garden peas and capsicum. Try soya sauce in place of salt and pepper. This one can be adapted to suit your own taste. I shall be trying it with some chicken breast later this week.

And speaking of chicken ... how about chicken savoury pancakes? The pancakes are the normal sort but instead of sugar and lemon try shredded chicken and mushrooms and a cheese sauce on top, grilled to a nice golden brown before serving - or eating for yourself.

No foodie photos today folks but this one is from last Sunday's batch ... 

Cardiff Castle Keep.

And Gran laying down the law ...

 After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
    

No comments:

Post a Comment