Saturday 16 November 2013

Chips, NANO and a day out tomorrow



16 November 2013

We've just caught the cooking show on the BEEB earlier. That's fine, I don't mind but Jan doesn't particularly like them. Anyway, I had put the telly on to watch a couple of shows we had recorded but what caught my attention on the cooking thing was that the presenter had cooked a couple of really nice steaks, medium rare, just as I like them. But then he spoiled them by adding some of the most drab looking chips with them. Yet he claimed that they were frozen chips, the only sort of chips to have with a steak. Asked why he said simply, 'because they are good'. I wonder how much he was paid to say that? But those chips he server looked bloody horrible!

So, it's Saturday, market day here in Dorktown. I was half thinking of going down for a ride out but instead I'll be going off somewhere for a few hours tomorrow. Not sure where yet but I'm sure I'll get somewhere useful for a few new photos. Mind you, it'll be bloomin cold wherever I end up! There again, if I'm as tired tomorrow when I get up as I was this morning, I won't be going anywhere.

In these enlightened days we no longer have the death penalty here in the UK. But I have to be honest and say that at times I wish we did. When kids are taken and killed after the killer has had their way with them are times that I feel like that. But even if we did have the death penalty, it would not happen in public. But on this day in 1724 executions were a public spectacle and 200,000 people turned out to watch a highway man, one Jack Shepherd being hanged. It makes me shuddered that such a thing was public entertainment. Today Willy Carson, the former jockey is 72; so happy birthday Willy.

In regards to NANO, I'm around 2000 words behind and I shall be catching up some more later today. The story is basically about a Royal Navy officer and one of the ratings in his ship, not a gay story by the way. It all started from a dream I had sometime in October that I couldn't get out of my head. In the dream a man wakes up in an all white room. He's lying on a bed/shelf and is dressed in a tight white coverall. The story has just flowed from that.  Amazing really seeing that my latest Copper story has been stuck for some time now. Hopefully it too will begin to flow once NANO is over and done with.

And so for a picture ... yes, I know which one ... 


It's a shot of a blonde girl I snapped on Jesus Green in Cambridge a few years ago.

Funny time ...
Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream 'racism' these days.
A customer asked, "In what aisle could I find the Irish sausage?"
The assistant asks, "Are you Irish?"
The guy, clearly offended, says, "Yes I am. But let me ask you something. If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?
Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?
Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?
Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican?
Or if I asked for Polish sausage, would you ask if I was Polish?"
The assistant says, "No, I probably wouldn't."
The guy says, "Well then, just because I asked for Irish sausage, why did you ask me if I'm Irish?"
The assistant replied, "Because you're in Halfords        

No comments:

Post a Comment