Saturday 2 November 2013

NANO again, Wacky Warehouse and birds



2 November 2013

The start of NANO went off well for me seeing 2045 words done before I stopped.  Not bad really considering I was working while Kile and Jan were playing on the Wii.  Last night I even got a name for the finished story too; Mind Games.  I'm sure there are other books of a similar title, but it will do for now.

Jan has come out with the idea of talking Kile to Wacky Warehouse, a play area that's part of a pub on the outskirts of Dorktown.  Jan will sit and keep an eye on Kile while he plays and I will sit in the bar with the net book and type up more for NANO.  That makes sense to me.  It's only 1207 and really is too early.  Originally I was hoping for a day's birding with my eye on Rainham Marshes., but that means moving Jan's scooter from the Citroen to the Doblo and taking mine out before putting that in there too.  Neither of us felt like doing that, so Wacky Warehouse it is.  

We have just sat and watched Life of Birds on BBC2.  Somewhere we have the full set on DVD, one of the more sensible items brother Dave bought and didn't watch.  He also bought one on British Birds by Dave Gosney that I found unopened and therefore unwatched after Dave died. I've sat and watched the whole set but one after another like that was too much really and I can't say I learned much from it. It's also another set I can't find now.

Happy birthday time for Bruce Welch who is 72 today.  Bruce is one of the two original Cliff Richard backing band The Shadows, Hank B Marvin being the other one.  Also today in 1734 Daniel Boone was born, one of America's legendary frontiersman.

Here's a nice photo - well, I think it is ... 

Moon Over Nelson.

And now for a funny ...

Two cowboys from Arkansas walk into a roadhouse to wash the trail dust from their throats. They stand at the bar, drinking their beers and talking quietly about cattle prices. Suddenly a woman at a table behind them who had been eating a sandwich begins to cough. After a minute or so it becomes apparent that she is in real distress. The cowboys turn to look at her.
"Kin yah swallow? Asked one of the cowboys. The woman shakes her head "No" "Kin yah breathe?" asked the other cowboy. The woman, beginning to turn a bit blue, shakes her head "NO" again.
The first cowboy walks over to her, lifts up the back of her skirt, yanks down her panties, and slowly runs his tongue from the back of her thigh up to the small of her back. This shocks the woman to a violent spasm, the obstruction flies out of her mouth, and she begins to breathe again.
The cowboy walks back over to the bar and takes a drink of his beer. His partner says, "Ya know, I'd heard of that there Hind Lick Maneuver, but I ain't never seen nobody do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment