Friday 8 November 2013

Crimble is on the way, contact lenses and rioters



8 November 2013

Halloween over, Bonfire Night over, the next one is Crimble. I sure that while I was out yesterday I saw a house with decorations up already. Damned silly that is. My mam and dad put up ours 14 days before Christmas and took them down 14 days after. Dave and me had usually gone back to school when they were taken down. The whole holiday is made to feel far too long now with the supermarkets having their Christmas displays up already.

Jan is off down town to go to Specsavers for a trial of some Contact lenses. I tried them ages ago but couldn't get on with them. There was a large build up of protean on them when I took them out. It got that bad that my eyes were so sore that I couldn't use the contacts for days on end. About two years later I found I was a diabetic and contacts are a big no no for us type of folks. When I first started with them though, I thought it was great. That feeling lasted all of four weeks.  Now I know why of course.

Our dinner is happily bubbling away on the cooker. I bought a chicken the other day and I roasted it straight away. The breast have been removed and are in the freezer for later while the rest of it is now in a large pot with onions and carrot and my secret ingredient.  Soon be time to turn off the cooker and removed the rest of it ready for picking off and getting ready for the veg to go in ready for dinner around 6(ish).

So then, last year there was a riot in the town centre. The front page of the News today has coverage of the trial of 17 of those charged over it and they have all pleaded guilty. There are so many of them that they couldn't get all 17 into the dock at the same time and deal with them four or five at a time. Sentences will be passed in January.

Have you heard of the crack pot idea that has been put up as a way for councils to save money? No? Well, the idea is for councils to allow cattle and sheep to graze their land thereby saving money by not having to cut it with mowers. I have always known that the Tories are crackpots but that has been confirmed by Eric Pickles, the local government minister who has welcomed the idea as being a good one. Ye gods ... ... ...

Photo time ... 

It's cold and wet outside so here's a warm sunny shot of Western to warm us up.          

And today's funny ...

Two blind pilots were both wearing dark glasses.On entering the plane, one is using a guide dog  and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a cane. Nervous
laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes and the engines start up.
 
The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming.
 
The plane moves faster and faster down the runway and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport. As it begins to look as though the plane will plough into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane is in good hands.
 
In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says, "Ya know, Bob, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die."

No comments:

Post a Comment