Thursday 21 November 2013

Booze, Sunday shopping and NANO



21 November 2012

Ex-cop Rav Wilding is on telly again in yet another reality cop show. I've enjoyed watching these but just lately I'm having second thoughts about them. What I have been thinking about is the presence of the cameras. Are the drunks and other weirdoes we see acting up cos they see the camera and are wanting to be seen on telly? Top and bottom of it is that it seems to me that the cameras are making things worse. OK, the cops will have the offences on camera but is it really worth it?

Part of this whole drunken yob culture we have now is down to Terrible Tony and his 24 hour drinking project. All it has done is to cause more drunks, more alcohol related crime, injuries and illness. I'm a Labour support normally but this idea was a big mistake on their part.

Another big mistake to my mind is the 7 day shopping idea that the Tories brought in. I know that the big stores were already opening on Sunday's and that they claim they were meeting customer demand. But was really there such a demand in the first place; or did the stores create it by opening illegally on Sunday in the first place. Whatever; the genie is now out of the bottle on this issue as it is with 24 hour drinking laws. Those genies can never be re-bottled now.

I really need to get on with NANO and catch up with it. If I can get another 3000+ words done today then I will have done so. With that in mind, I';; look for a photo ... 

The very best street artist I've ever seen.

And from the Sage ...

Anna had lost her husband almost four years ago. Her daughter was constantly calling her and urging her to get Back into the dating world. Finally, Anna said she'd go out, but didn't know anyone.
Her daughter immediately replied, "Mom I have someone for you to meet."
Well, it was an immediate hit. They took to one another and after dating for six weeks, He asked her to join him for a weekend in Spain ...
Their first night there, she undressed as he did. There she stood nude, except for a pair of black lacy panties He in his birthday suit. Looking her over, he asked, "Why the black panties?"
She replied: "My breasts you can fondle, my body is yours to explore, But down there I am still mourning." He knew he was not getting lucky that night.

The following night was the same -- She stood there wearing the black lacy panties, And he was in his birthday suit -- But now he was wearing a black condom...
She looked at him and asked: "What's with the black condom?"
He replied, "I want to offer my deepest condolences"    

No comments:

Post a Comment