Sunday 29 September 2013

Missing cards, diabetic clinic and voting puzzle



29 September 2013

Yesterday after I had posted my blog I realised that I didn't have my credit card.  I went through my wallet twice more, not there!  Jan checked her purse in case she had picked it up ... nope, not there either.  We were sat in the Anchor when we did that.  It took me ages to think it through and then I thought that I may have left it by my lappy having paid for my Flickr account with it.  Great ... until this morning when for some reason I looked at my wallet again and saw that my NatWest debit card was missing.  The only place I used it yesterday was in Currys.  Jan gave them call and they have sat safely waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow.  Two missing cards in two days - amazing!!!

Well, Slimbridge didn't happen today for us.  My hip was OK when I got up but by 11am it was hurting again, but not as badly as yesterday.  I would have probably been able to get around there OK but would it have hurt even more if I had?  I don't know.  I'm due to have some blood tests done ready for diabetic clinic so I'll have to get in touch with them and find out how to go about it.  As it's been nearly two years since I last had a diabetic check up it needs doing, so the sooner the better.  We are due for a five day break in Blackpool from two weeks tomorrow so I might have to wait until after that though.  That's OK - I'm sure I can manage that bit.
    
An interesting chat on Facebook at the moment concerns Cameron, Clegg and Milliband.  It started as, "Cameron and Clegg were drowning in a river; which one would you save?"  A reply is then given, "Go to pub and get Milliband out to join them."  Not a bad idea that but who would be left to vote for when the 2015 election happens?  I don't see any weighty muppets to lead any of the main parties.  Maybe UKIP might make a breakthrough and change the face of UK politics.

Photos are done and I really like the one here ... 

I'm used to seeing kids with ice cream around the mount so I took the chance to get this shot of an elderly lady enjoying a squidgy cornet. 

And today's funny ...

A man breaks into a house to look for money and guns.
Inside, he finds a couple in bed.
He orders the guy out of the bed and ties him to a chair.

While tying the homeowner's wife to the bed the convict gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up & goes into the bathroom.
While he's in there, the husband whispers over to his wife: 'Listen, this guy is an escaped convict. Look at his clothes!
He's probably spent a lot of time in jail and hasn't seen a woman in years.
I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain...do what ever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he'll kill us both. Be strong, honey. I love you!'
His wife responds: 'He wasn't kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear.
He told me that he's gay, thinks you're cute, and asked if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom.
Be strong honey. I love you too.'
      

No comments:

Post a Comment