Sunday 22 September 2013

Going out, egging on and new films



22 September 2013

Sunday morning, bright and sunny and I'm not going off for the day.  Why?  Well, if I do it's just for the sake of it seeing as I have no reason to actually go out apart for just going out.  Besides, with Jan being out for most of today anyway I should be able to get some writing done.  Fred Cooper is calling out to find out what I will have him doing next - or not doing ;-)))

There's been a programme on telly about bouncers in pubs in Newcastle.  I recorded them and the first one was OK but this morning I tried to watch the second one and gave up for it really started properly.  Even the short section I did see was just drunks making fools of themselves by shouting at each other and the cameras and trying to look clever and original.  All they achieved was to look drunk and stupid.  I get the feeling that when the cameras are out in town the drunks start to play up to them.  Same as the criminals; they also try to look clever and try to play up to the lens but of course cops are not stupid, something the crims need to learn.  I've been wondering if it does anyone any favours having the cameras teams out and about with the cops.  Perhaps in their own way the cameras actually encourage these people to greater and greater excesses.  Of course, I do like to watch the cops shows so in that way I'm just as much to blame as anyone else. 

We love watching films too.  The other day we bought three new ones, The first one we tried was called The Beach and to be honest it was bloody awful!  Don't waste your dosh on it.  The next one was The Impossible, a true story of one family's survival during the tsunami on Boxing Day 2004.  Jan chose this one and I'm really pleased she did because it was a terrific film and well worth watching.  The last one of the three was Flight, which we watched last night.  Again a great film, but there again I've yet to see a dud from Denzel Washington.  The idea of flying a jet-liner upside down is mind-boggling at least. 

Now upside down airplane shots I'm afraid I but do have this one ... 

Chopper Coppers in the skies of London on Marathon day one year.

Today's funny ...

The phone rings & is answered by my wife.
(Heavy breathing...)
"Do you have a tight arse with no hair?"
"Yes, he's watching TV - can I say who's calling?"              

No comments:

Post a Comment