Friday 6 September 2013

Post codes, tough men and Parry Hotter



6 September 2013

We have lived here in this flat for just over 12 months now, which isn't all that long really.  But Jan has just asked what the postcode was for our place in Bracebridge Street.  My parents bought that house in 1969 and we moved in on 2 January 1970; but do you think I could remember it?  I've had to look it up on the Royal Fail website ... oh dear ... ... ...

The BEEB got the weather right today for once and we have rain.  It has to be today, the day I feel a lot better than yesterday and feel able to go out!  Ah well, such is life I suppose.

Year ago Jan bought the Parry Hotter books; I tried the first one and gave up after about 30 pages.  I have however enjoyed the films.  But it has crossed my mind that by the end of the films there are a number of questions I feel that need to be asked.  Obviously the answers are not in the films or I won't have the questions so on Wednesday I bought the first two books to try again and to see if I can find the answers.  Now I'm on page 160 of the first one and I have to admit that it's not as bad as I remember it being.  Ah well ... ... ...  

The go-ahead has been given for the Hussy to look for a partners to help run it and the whole thing will be put out to tender to the ... now how will that work I wonder?  Normally it's the highest bidder who wins; but how will this one work, on the lowest bidder?  And where will the money come from?  For us tax payers - that's where!!!  And what happens if no-one bids at all?  We wait to see I suppose ... ... ...

There's some tough hard people about in Britain today!  In November last year a man entered the flat of a great grandmother and killed her in her bed by using a garden fork.  I bet she really put up a hard fight eh, you know, to have to use such a weapon kill the lady.  But why did he do it?  The lady had made him welcome and given him a home, so what did she do to cause this?  After killing her he use her ATM card to with draw what little money she had in her account.  At trial he claimed that he could remember anything about it at all.  Thankfully the jury wasn't having any of it and found him guilty.  Anyway, he's been sent down for life now and has to serve a minimum 21 years behind bars.  He'll be 69 when he comes out - it he comes out that is.

So a photo is now called for ... 

a little ringed plover.

And today's funny ...

DONATIONS FOR PARLIAMENT


A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 outside London,

Nothing is moving.   Suddenly, a man knocks on the car window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped all the Members of Parliament and they're asking
for a £100 million ransom!

Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in petrol and set them on fire.
We are going from car to car collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

"Roughly a gallon."




         


No comments:

Post a Comment