Saturday 28 September 2013

Late post, Cracked nuts and a different candid method



28 September 2013

Sorry for the delay in writing this but we've been busy today, not doing much but still busy.  Even so, this will be a short blog today.  We were going to go to Slimbridge tomorrow but my hip is really painful right now and I need to rest it.  Slimbridge will have to wait a while.

The Telegraph today had its normal list of crims seen in court and for once there more British names in it than foreign ones.  The other regular column is the 'On This Day' list.  Today's starts with a Scottish costume called Eve of Michaelmas.  It seems that in the Highlands it was called Crack Nut Day and nuts were eaten in the churches.  It's strange what we learn or are reminded of perhaps when we read things like this.    

One thing we did do today was go off into town.  I was looking at one of the photo mags the other day and it suggested that instead of doing fairly wide angle candid shots, to move in closer and get portrait shots.  I gave it a go today and it seems to have worked.  I'll get them done tomorrow and post one then.  But for today I offer this one ... 

two flowers in a hanging basket outside the Old Pheasant Inn on the A47 at Glaston.  A nice pub too and the ale was first class.

And a pretty good funny ...

 A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath. "Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles in the other. She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly "Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very, very closely:
Are - my - test - results - back?"

No comments:

Post a Comment