Tuesday 17 September 2013

Slashed tyres, a holiday and nowt to post



17 September 2013

I know you don't need telling but there are some very strange people about.  This morning's News has a story of residents waking up yesterday to find that their car tyres had been slashed.  At least the cars with only one tyre damaged were able to deal with it themselves, where as those with two tyres damaged had to call someone out to deal with it.  But why should they have to so?  Just what is it about causing this sort of damage that turns people on?  It beats me!  But hang on a sec ... maybe, just maybe, the person responsible has a grudge against one the victims and the others were hit as way of trying to cover up the real target of the attack.  Or is my writing muse working overtime here?

We've been looking at the dream mags for next year and one listing I found this morning is for Lanzarote where we can get a week all inclusive for £539 or 14 nights for £795.  I like the looks of that one because one of the trips out is to the Timanfaya National Park.  Why? Well, there's an active volcano there and I really do fancy going to see as much of it as I can.  Jan however has a fancy for Gran Canaria.  We've a few months to go before we need to book it so we'll decide later - but there again, we might end at Ourgate and back ;-)))

I've not been posting any photos to Flicker the last few days.  Two reasons for this; a, my pro membership has lapsed and I've got round to renewing it and b, I don't have anything new to post there anyway.  Well, I do have loads of real ale signs to post but they're not urgent.  And talking of photos; do you remember a chocolate bar called Five Boys?  I do from many years ago.  But for those who don't here's a photo of one of the ads for it ...


And the Sage sent me this one the other day to help explain where logic got its kick start ...  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment