Sunday 8 November 2015

Running late cos a bitty day



8 November

I’m running well late today, simply because I had an appointment at the Walsgrave for a nerve conductivity test. Firstly, it’s not a pleasant test; they fix pads to your feet and send a short sharpe electric pulse through your leg. The result is that messages are not getting through to my never endings, which I already know anyway. The doctor said that it’s basically down to my diabetes. So there yer go … … …

After we went for a drink and visited the New Inn in Bulkington for a change. For as long as I can remember I have really, really hated screaming, or misbehaving kids. There was one in the pub but she didn’t start up until for around 10 minutes after we settled with our drinks. When she did is screaming and banging a plastic dish on the high chair the pub supplied. But you know what? It wasn’t her fault. She was sat on the end of a couple of tables where her family were sat and they were all so wrapped up in what they were doing and saying that the girl was being ignored. Can anyone blame her? I can’t. It got worse when their meal was served. To me it showed what Bed’th and Bulko folk are renowned around here; gobby selfish and uninterested in anyone else!

SO we left there and cos I fancied having a meal out, we called into the Crows Nest. It’s just been through a refurb and we wanted to have a look anyway. Since Jan’s stroke she finds it hard to swallow so now she tends only to have a pudding when we’re out. Last time we were in there I saw something on the menu that I fancied, so today I had it. Seasoned herby potatoes, pulled pork in hickory sauce, grated cheese and a fried egg on top – and it was really nice.

The dish full beat me though, and I left about a third of it. Mind you, I don’t eat much these days anyway. Add the curry I had with Kile yesterday afternoon and I can see it being Tuesday before I have anything substantial again. As it is, Jan is due out on Tuesday evening so I shall probably have a cuppa-soup and a couple of slice of dried toast.

Bit of a scare when we got it. I went to get changed and couldn’t find my wallet. So I went back out with a torch and looked in and around the car for it, nothing. So I got online and phone the Crows Nest cos that was where I remembered seeing it last. No, not there. Jan went through to get changed and she found it safe and sound beside my bed. Great, I wasn’t looking forward to cancelling all my cards and so on. Jan wasn’t feeling well after that. The panic in looking for it set off a bit as an asthma attack and she had to sit and have a couple puffs on her spray thingy. She’s OK now though.

So folks, sorry for the lateness of this one, and here’s the reason why …



Today’s funny …Kid’s don’t you just love ‘em …

Sarah goes to school, and the teacher says, "Today we are going to learn multi-syllable words, class. Does anybody have an example of a multi-syllable word?" Sarah waves her hand, "Me, Miss Rogers, me, me!" Miss Rogers says, "All right, Sarah, what is your multi-syllable word?" Sarah says, "Mas-tur-bate." Miss Rogers smiles and says, "Wow, Sarah, that's a mouthful." Sarah says, "No, Miss Rogers, you're thinking of a blowjob."           

No comments:

Post a Comment