Saturday 21 November 2015

No market, ah well ... ... ...



21 November

I’ve just in from my wee trip into town, but I wish I hadn’t bothered, the market wasn’t on and it was photos in and around the market that I went down for. I still managed to get a few books though; Galbraith’s new one in now sitting to started once I’ve finished Cell.  Jan asked me to go to The Works to get Kile some paints so he can do some painting when he is here. That’s a dangerous shop to let me in unsupervised folks, and they’ve still got their three for £5 offer on. Now how can any self-respecting reading addict ignore that? I asks yer, come on now! Another tenner spent opps … … …

After that it was pint of diet Pepsi in the Will White and a read through me Maily Dale before a good look at the books. Then I was on my way home and I’ll tell yer sumat folks, I was pleased Jan had left the heating on when I got back, I was really chilled cold. Getting in was a pain in the butt though, the keys I took didn’t have a front door key; thankfully there was back door key I was able to get around it that way. The bigger problem was parking my scooter in its normal place. It took me ages but I did get it sorted eventually. The problem is a dirty filthy fridge from across the hall and a box full of rubbish, which I managed to push out of the way by using my foot.

Amazon delivery man was trying it on again today. I had just sat down when the doorbell rang. Now, we have a notice on the door asking callers to give us time to get there to answer. Anyway, I called out is was on my way but by the time I got there he was on his way out of the main door again and had to come back. Daft bat; he claimed again that they are only allowed 20 seconds for each drop. When I pointed out I nowhere near 20 seconds he just shoved the parcel in my hands and was gone muttering something about hanging about for old gits. When I’ve calmed down a bit I shall be on the phone to them and letting them know.

This will be a short one today cos I am really tired again today. There’s no new photos today so it’s back to one of the old ones again … 

Another from the market – at least it was on that day!

Today’s funny …

Two blondes walk into a tanning salon. The receptionist asks, "Are you two sisters?" They chuckle and reply, "No, we aren't even Catholic."        

No comments:

Post a Comment